Amplifier Placement Help

AlexPL

Polish member
T6 Pro
Looking for a space to put the amplifier.
Want the seats free as I already have plans for that space.
Somewhere in the dash?
Got a genesis profile two
Dimensions H x W x D [mm] – 38 x 300 x 217
Thanks for the help!

Looking for a space to put the amplifier.
Want the seats free as I already have plans for that space.
Somewhere in the dash?
Got a genesis profile two
Dimensions H x W x D [mm] – 38 x 300 x 217
Thanks for the help!
Probably passenger footwell is going to be your only option, right at the front, attached widthways to the underside of the dash

If it’s a single slider you have a void in the fixed side opposite the slider and also inside the rear quarter panels
Not so easy to wire as having it up front but makes use of otherwise dead space ??

If it’s a single slider you have a void in the fixed side opposite the slider and also inside the rear quarter panels
Not so easy to wire as having it up front but makes use of otherwise dead space ??
Yes I never thought of that, don't have a void there on mine.

Thanks Pauly,
Think I am going to attempt your option.
Took all the dash apart but without success :) no space found.

Thanks Pauly,
Think I am going to attempt your option.
Took all the dash apart but without success :) no space found.

speak to Peter Preston at Skipton Audio, he does a small amp plus a plug and play loom including rear speaker cables. quality kit and genuine vw connectors

Already got all the gear, besides an amp that would fit would not produce enough power. Thanks. Bought all the stuff I need, will fit it tomorrow. Slow progress due to christmas preparations.. Friday time for Marocco, surfing. Nice waves there this time of the year!

This won't be any good for @AlexPL I'm afraid, but for anyone else in a similar position as I was this might be useful. Was plesently surprised to find that despite the front of my head unit being double DIN size, the workings behind are in a single DIN chassis. So this gave plenty room under the standard Composition Colour head unit to mount an extra power pack and speaker simulator. All this lot fitted underneath the radio and above the heater control wiring. Will keep a close watch on the temperature generated meantime just in case. Infact now I think of it, some sort of temperature probe and display would be useful just now, just to ascertain all will be ok temperature wise.

20181212_131220.jpg

Reactions: mmi
Hello all,

can’t find a result in the searches for this.

mom trying to put in my new micro amp and loom, but I’m not sure where to hide the amp behind the dash or feed the loom so I can get the stereo back in...

Any clues?

thanks

There is plenty of room behind the fuse board. Thales the cover off that’s around the centre of the dash and there is room behind by your left foot.

Absolut5 place their small amps in the void space above and behind the glovebox. The glovebox and the panel above it need to be removed. You will then see metal tubular with space above. They make a small wooden base and attach it to the tubular, with the amp attached to the wood. There is plenty of space to run the wiring loom along the back of the tubular to the rear of the head unit.

Hope this helps.

Amp and Audison speaker simulator hidden behind the dash.

PXL_20210210_161042517.jpgPXL_20210210_161059987.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back