Alpine Halo 11 for T6.1

@Texxaco your in a T6 and the retention kit keeps your USB-A ports. In the T6.1 the last time I changed one over the USB-C ports stopped working. I'd need to speak with Alpine to find out if this is still the case. Most of the recently sold Halos where web sales so haven't installed one for a while.

Other than a larger screen, do these units give any features better than the Vw satnav/ carplay units in a 2018 T6 ?

Thanks for the info on the kit. Is there much difference between the 9 and 11 inch versions of the Halo?

Worth adding an aftermarket DAB aerial, or does the standard one actually work with a decent head unit?

No difference except screen size,

roof aerial is a must if you do not have a pop top, the factory aerials are poor

Have a 6.1 California, so roof aerial not an option. Guess I'm stuck with the rubbish DAB one in the wing mirror

So I'm going to take the plunge and buy the new version of the Halo 11 for my T6.1 to replace the standard unit

"The iLX-F115D Alpine Halo 11 is the second generation of Alpine’s world-famous Halo product line, featuring a gigantic XXL 11-inch high-resolution WXGA touch-screen"

etc.

Is there anything I need to know? Do I need any adaptors / harnesses / kits / facias etc ?

The plan would be that this is the start and I'll build on it, new speakers, sub (sad yes i know) and a reverse camera. Can't wait to get started. Any help greatly appreciated!!
Hi Just bought a Halo 11 for in the T 6.1 as it fits just right as the T6 has air vents either side so not bad
The only issue I am having is I can’t get any of the functions working I have bought a package from Dream Ice but not sure it’s fully compatible. I have the e call adaptor then the connects 2 CTUVW04 for the steering functions etc and the ctmultilead 2 for use with the Alpine radio. Radio works great but no vehicle functions the volume up worked once then stopped and also the fitting kit is terrible no way it would fit with all the modules without cutting some of the back of the dash out. And the actual din kit is pretty tacky. But if anyone on here knows their stuff can you help me please. I am not bad at this normally but when you spend a lot of money you expect it to work :)

Hi Just bought a Halo 11 for in the T 6.1 as it fits just right as the T6 has air vents either side so not bad
The only issue I am having is I can’t get any of the functions working I have bought a package from Dream Ice but not sure it’s fully compatible. I have the e call adaptor then the connects 2 CTUVW04 for the steering functions etc and the ctmultilead 2 for use with the Alpine radio. Radio works great but no vehicle functions the volume up worked once then stopped and also the fitting kit is terrible no way it would fit with all the modules without cutting some of the back of the dash out. And the actual din kit is pretty tacky. But if anyone on here knows their stuff can you help me please. I am not bad at this normally but when you spend a lot of money you expect it to work :)
The vehicle settings is done from the steering wheel, no longer touch like the Oe headunit, this information is done via the reverse cam input, have you switched this on in the menu ?

drop us a pm to discuss further upgrades and any help you may need on the above

Have you got a photo of it installed in your 6.1? Thanks

The air vent on the left well the only one is perfect as it sits just right on the t6.1 also you no longer have a pocket like the 6 you can keep your USB port but you have to be creative

Connects 2 is the adaptor you need and there are two ways of getting all the bits you need

Buy the connects all separate that’s what I did or buy a CTK51 kit

I don’t think there is a benefit in the above, this install isn’t easy even for someone who has an understanding of all things tech but once completed it’s a game changer

0F674BDC-6503-4E20-ABBF-2FE633376C12.jpeg

The air vent on the left well the only one is perfect as it sits just right on the t6.1 also you no longer have a pocket like the 6 you can keep your USB port but you have to be creative

Connects 2 is the adaptor you need and there are two ways of getting all the bits you need

Buy the connects all separate that’s what I did or buy a CTK51 kit

I don’t think there is a benefit in the above, this install isn’t easy even for someone who has an understanding of all things tech but once completed it’s a game changer

View attachment 184804
That’s smart! Can you still adjust the height of the screen without it hitting the top of the dash?

Also is your virtual dash factory fitted or is it after market? If it’s aftermarket does the halo interfere with it as the ones I’ve seen, can only be fitted with the factory sat nav

Thanks

Yes is all adjustable and the head unit work perfect with the virtual cockpit and it’s a factory upgrade

View attachment 184886
Evening. Just out of interest what age is the T6.1. Been looking at the same thing but the local car audio company advise that 2022/23 struggle with halo as they only accept short chassis unit. They have done lots of t6 but don’t recall any t6.1. Thanks in advance.

Back