Alpine Halo 11 for T6.1

Evening. Just out of interest what age is the T6.1. Been looking at the same thing but the local car audio company advise that 2022/23 struggle with halo as they only accept short chassis unit. They have done lots of t6 but don’t recall any t6.1. Thanks in advance.
ADC5F5AC-E2E6-48F8-BA1C-DB95297A04A1.jpeg|
does not matter what the age the 6.1 is, they are all the same..

halo 11 we installed couple weeks back

Chassis must be fitted at the bottom ,

Evening. Just out of interest what age is the T6.1. Been looking at the same thing but the local car audio company advise that 2022/23 struggle with halo as they only accept short chassis unit. They have done lots of t6 but don’t recall any t6.1. Thanks in advance.
I did it all myself and as it was a bit of a pain and not much room is amazing, also if the company isnt to sure on how to fit it I wouldnt let them do it as it needs a bit of knowledge and also some special bits and bobs to make everything work as it should, for example the reversing camera adaptor as the Alpine ISO block needs some extra adaptors mine is a July 22 and everything works as it should with custom USB sockets to replace the factory ones, I asked a company to help me and they said they fitted loads but lies.

You'll need the Alpine fitting kit matey. There you'll be looking July/August before you can get one though.

Personally I think the Halo 9 actually suits the size of the dashboard more. Less TV stuck on the dash.

Supplied @Texxaco a few weeks back with one for his T6 and he loves his.

iirc in a T6.1 you will loose the functionality of the USB C ports.

Also which headunit do you currently have as certain ones may present a problem.

Pm me if you like we can sort you out no problem

View attachment 162674
Shame alpine put a huge black bevel around the screen. I’m sure the next generation will have less bevel but prefer the size of the 9 as it doesn’t over hang the vents

Really tempted.

I hear mixed opinions of whether or not id be able, got t6.1 but with upgraded discover navigation with assisted parking / driving etc

So I'm going to take the plunge and buy the new version of the Halo 11 for my T6.1 to replace the standard unit

"The iLX-F115D Alpine Halo 11 is the second generation of Alpine’s world-famous Halo product line, featuring a gigantic XXL 11-inch high-resolution WXGA touch-screen"

etc.

Is there anything I need to know? Do I need any adaptors / harnesses / kits / facias etc ?

The plan would be that this is the start and I'll build on it, new speakers, sub (sad yes i know) and a reverse camera. Can't wait to get started. Any help greatly appreciated!!
The alpine kit does t work as it will stop the SOS function you need the kit from planet Ice as they supply everything you need you will also need to adapt the USB and then everything will work the reversing camera needs a special cable for it to work and also the 11” is perfect as it fits in the gap of the t6’1 great the t6 suits a 9” more as it’s got two air vents. I can guarantee it all works fine done properly

We install the Halo 905 mostly to T6.1s as we get the screen to sit really nice.

We have supply of the brand new Alpine interface which now retains the original mic, you still need a connects 2 sos retention, plus the facia, aerial adapters

Halo 905/11 need alpine adapter for reverse cam input , plus a cam adapter for the qualdock plug

I'd heard about the difficulties installing this head unit in T6.1's so decided to drive a couple of hours to Absolut5 who installed my Halo 11. I absolutely love it the screen is lovely and clear and the sound is way better, in the spirit of transparency, I also had their signature audio upgrade at the same time so you would expect it to be better but I'm very pleased with the result. I'd initially asked for the Halo 9 as I thought the 11 would be too big, but when I saw them side by side at the Alpine stand at the Caravan & Camper show I decided the 11 would be just fine and as the Picture above shows it doesn't cover the vents in a T6.1 if fitted correctly. I had the install done 3 months ago and it's not given me any issues and Carplay connects first time regardless of whether I connect via USB or Wirelessly.

We install the Halo 905 mostly to T6.1s as we get the screen to sit really nice.

We have supply of the brand new Alpine interface which now retains the original mic, you still need a connects 2 sos retention, plus the facia, aerial adapters

Halo 905/11 need alpine adapter for reverse cam input , plus a cam adapter for the qualdock plug
Might be wrong (I literally have no idea) I keep reading it wont work with my assisted driving (ACC?), Parking sensors etc?

Looking for a professional installer not DIY.

I got halo 11 for my t6.1 and I put amazon fire stick on it.

Last week I got installed the DC-DC charger and since then, once I removed the key from the 'ignition' the unit gets turn off. Before the DC-DC charger was taking like a minut or more to turn off.

My question. Does anyone uses amazon fire stick to watch series/movies in the halo? do you need to have the key and turn on the van to watch it?

There's an option in the settings to adjust how long before the unit powers off

I have a halo 11 and have never used it to watch video, apart from the first time I had t installed. Have a Nebula capsule max and screen if i want to a movie etc

There's no comparison mate the Halo 9 is far more capable buddy

Back