Alpine Halo 9 / 11 Custom Start-up/Splash Screen

steveratcliffe

VIP Member
Hi All,

Any users of Alpine Halo head units had any joy with custom start up splash screens - basically replacing the Emotion in Motion image when the unit starts up with their own image?

I've found lots of info on doing this successfully with the Halo 9, but not much on the 11 - some seem to suggest "support" for this has been dropped, but maybe it's just another hack method needed to get it in there?

Thanks, Steve.

Thanks for this - I have found similar docs already but nothing this detailed, and seeing as its an Alpine publication naming that unit fair to assume that it should be possible!

I’ve been wanted to change it on my Halo 11 just not got around to it yet! Let me know how you go.

I've not actually bought it yet - I'm literally that anal that the only thing putting me off this model currently is the thought of having to put up with that cheesy "Emotion in Motion" splash screen! :oops: :)

...so I guess the real question should be, how do you rate it overall - is it literally seamless integration with OEM in terms of retaining control/integration with steering wheel/MFD/factory aspects of the vehicle assuming correct fitting kits used etc.?

I don’t have steering wheel controls on mine unfortunately but everything works as it should, you’re better off asking that question is a separate thread.

Hi All,

Any users of Alpine Halo head units had any joy with custom start up splash screens - basically replacing the Emotion in Motion image when the unit starts up with their own image?

I've found lots of info on doing this successfully with the Halo 9, but not much on the 11 - some seem to suggest "support" for this has been dropped, but maybe it's just another hack method needed to get it in there?

Thanks, Steve.
Did mine following the instructions and it worked first time. Did ensure my logo was the correct resolution (1280 x 720 px) and formatted the usb beforehand (Fat32). Also did the firmware upgrade to 6.0.0 before just in case it got wiped in the reset.

Back