Alpine Halo 11 for T6.1

Scuttle

So I'm going to take the plunge and buy the new version of the Halo 11 for my T6.1 to replace the standard unit

"The iLX-F115D Alpine Halo 11 is the second generation of Alpine’s world-famous Halo product line, featuring a gigantic XXL 11-inch high-resolution WXGA touch-screen"

etc.

Is there anything I need to know? Do I need any adaptors / harnesses / kits / facias etc ?

The plan would be that this is the start and I'll build on it, new speakers, sub (sad yes i know) and a reverse camera. Can't wait to get started. Any help greatly appreciated!!

You'll need the Alpine fitting kit matey. There you'll be looking July/August before you can get one though.

Personally I think the Halo 9 actually suits the size of the dashboard more. Less TV stuck on the dash.

Supplied @Texxaco a few weeks back with one for his T6 and he loves his.

iirc in a T6.1 you will loose the functionality of the USB C ports.

Also which headunit do you currently have as certain ones may present a problem.

Pm me if you like we can sort you out no problem

IMG_20220615_121353_627.jpg

You'll need the Alpine fitting kit matey. There you'll be looking July/August before you can get one though.

Personally I think the Halo 9 actually suits the size of the dashboard more. Less TV stuck on the dash.

Also which headunit do you currently have as certain ones may present a problem.

View attachment 162674
Loving this bad boy, happy I didn’t put the 11 in as it would look like I am trying to be a Tesla. Each to their own though.

Like you @Scuttle this is the start of my build, replacing the front composites, then amp plus replacing current sub. All I will need is a set of decks to top it all off :thumbsup:

Loving this bad boy, happy I didn’t put the 11 in as it would look like I am trying to be a Tesla. Each to their own though.

Like you @Scuttle this is the start of my build, replacing the front composites, then amp plus replacing current sub. All I will need is a set of decks to top it all off :thumbsup:
@Texxaco I can add a nice Pioneer XDJ-XZ decks to your quote for when your dropping some Block Rockin' Beats

View attachment 162674
Dav-Tech - I was looking for the halo 11 myself but now thinking the 9 would be a better fit, and chance you could hit me up with a price including any fitting kit needed?

Dav-Tech - I was looking for the halo 11 myself but now thinking the 9 would be a better fit, and chance you could hit me up with a price including any fitting kit needed?
Hi Mate, currently away on holiday so limited to internet access. The Halo 9 is listed on our website but from last I heard out of stock till at least the end of October but I've just dropped my supplier a message to find out.

Drop me a PM see what we can do for you

So I'm going to take the plunge and buy the new version of the Halo 11 for my T6.1 to replace the standard unit

"The iLX-F115D Alpine Halo 11 is the second generation of Alpine’s world-famous Halo product line, featuring a gigantic XXL 11-inch high-resolution WXGA touch-screen"

etc.

Is there anything I need to know? Do I need any adaptors / harnesses / kits / facias etc ?

The plan would be that this is the start and I'll build on it, new speakers, sub (sad yes i know) and a reverse camera. Can't wait to get started. Any help greatly appreciated!!
I don't know if you have filtered or bought the halo yet but I have had the Halo 11 installed in my T6 and love it don't think the screen is too big

One thing to note is there have been a couple of software bugs when connecting an iPhone as Apple did some some updates in the past and stoped the phone from connecting to the Halo (11 and 9) however Alpine support are fantastic and resolved the issues quickly with a Firmware update which was easy to install :thumbsup: no issues since

The problem upgrading the head unit which sounds so much better than the factory fit, I now want to do the speakers and fit a powered bass under the passenger seat :) but how do I do that with out my wife noticing:fast rofl:

I don't know if you have filtered or bought the halo yet but I have had the Halo 11 installed in my T6 and love it don't think the screen is too big

One thing to note is there have been a couple of software bugs when connecting an iPhone as Apple did some some updates in the past and stoped the phone from connecting to the Halo (11 and 9) however Alpine support are fantastic and resolved the issues quickly with a Firmware update which was easy to install :thumbsup: no issues since

The problem upgrading the head unit which sounds so much better than the factory fit, I now want to do the speakers and fit a powered bass under the passenger seat :) but how do I do that with out my wife noticing:fast rofl:
I agree, I got the halo 11 in my t6 after having the halo 9 fitted in my Vivaro. I think it isn't too big if you have it on lowest setting in height. Also do agree that get the updated firmware which came out a week ago for Apple and Tidal support.
The first firmware update was connectivity of the iPhone. Then the new ios came out and it broke again so this update fixes that again.
But please do update the speakers as the standards don't do the stereo justice.

Is there a fix/work around for loosing the 2 USB ports? Also, does anyone have any pictures of to Halo 11 in a T6.1? How does it look? Thinking of upgrading mine but don't really want to loose the USB ports...

doers anyone know of for sale/have for sale the halo 11 and loom/fascia for a T6.1? or recommend an alternative

I agree, I got the halo 11 in my t6 after having the halo 9 fitted in my Vivaro. I think it isn't too big if you have it on lowest setting in height. Also do agree that get the updated firmware which came out a week ago for Apple and Tidal support.
The first firmware update was connectivity of the iPhone. Then the new ios came out and it broke again so this update fixes that again.
But please do update the speakers as the standards don't do the stereo justice.
speakers are defiantly the next job

Is there a fix/work around for loosing the 2 USB ports? Also, does anyone have any pictures of to Halo 11 in a T6.1? How does it look? Thinking of upgrading mine but don't really want to loose the USB ports...
Not sure why you think you will lose your two USB ports. I still have both mine active, one for charging and the other for connectivity to the HU.

If you mean both for charging you could always get a usb splitter as I did from Amazon.

Not sure why you think you will lose your two USB ports. I still have both mine active, one for charging and the other for connectivity to the HU.

If you mean both for charging you could always get a usb splitter as I did from Amazon.
In another thread, @Dav-Tec said that in a T6.1 you will loose the functionality of the USB C ports?

Unless I've read that wrong?

Back