The only way is to use a Connects2 infoadapter, which plays the parking graphics through the reverse camera port

You will also need a dab aerial adapter and a usb retention kit if you want the dash one to still work, oh a fm adapter but the T5 one may be correct if it’s a twin one
Sorry to also jump in but just whilst you are on. On my appalling Vw kenwood head unit that was recently fitted by them when the sun is out it’s almost impossible to see the screen do you sell or can I get maybe a filter that sticks to the front of it or am I just stuck with it as is. Cheers

Sorry to also jump in but just whilst you are on. On my appalling Vw kenwood head unit that was recently fitted by them when the sun is out it’s almost impossible to see the screen do you sell or can I get maybe a filter that sticks to the front of it or am I just stuck with it as is. Cheers

What headunit is it?

Sorry DNX518v DABS
Was it installed by VW ?

May be consider getting a refund and get a Kenwood DNX 8180dab or 9190dab as both have motorised reverse tilt capac0screens which are far better than the resistive one on the 518, the 9190 has a HD version which is by far the best and even in the brightest of light isn’t affected

Was it installed by VW ?

May be consider getting a refund and get a Kenwood DNX 8180dab or 9190dab as both have motorised reverse tilt capac0screens which are far better than the resistive one on the 518, the 9190 has a HD version which is by far the best and even in the brightest of light isn’t affected
I am stuck with it as I got it for £800 as part of a deal when I bought a crafter of them and yes they fitted it. I got the lead to use the existing DAB aerial from yourself and that’s probably the best part of the hole unit!!.

I am stuck with it as I got it for £800 as part of a deal when I bought a crafter of them and yes they fitted it. I got the lead to use the existing DAB aerial from yourself and that’s probably the best part of the hole unit!!.

Oh ok

I think you can get a screen protector from eBay/amazon which helps regarding glare, as I think they are matt.. but never used one...otherwise it’s some sort of diy shield

Oh ok

I think you can get a screen protector from eBay/amazon which helps regarding glare, as I think they are matt.. but never used one...otherwise it’s some sort of diy shield
I thought that would be the case but it was worth asking. Cheers

Was it installed by VW ?

I desired to send a email to kenwood regarding the head unit and told them I was unhappy with it and wanted them to exchange it for the 9190 and this is there response?. If you have time could you tell me what you think.
Cheers David

DFC97F2A-4ABB-459A-AB29-D8DCB2DCF9F0.png

The 9190 display is night and day difference. Not even close, it deals with glare so much better and it has the reverse tilt screen

CE0F4636-4DE7-4E46-8110-447042366E23.jpeg

Yes there is but I’m sure they will put the phone down on you lol
I agree if I told them exactly what I think of it they probably will hang up.
Are there any other things that work better on that unit compared to mine?.
I’m going to push them and see what happens they do respond to all the emails so they can only say no.
Cheers

I agree if I told them exactly what I think of it they probably will hang up.
Are there any other things that work better on that unit compared to mine?.
I’m going to push them and see what happens they do respond to all the emails so they can only say no.
Cheers

It’s the same operating UI

But feel the 9190 has a faster processor as it has no lag at all

But again it’s the screen quality and tilt mech which wins it, we never fit 518s in Transporters

It’s the same operating UI

But feel the 9190 has a faster processor as it has no lag at all

But again it’s the screen quality and tilt mech which wins it, we never fit 518s in Transporters
Thank you again for your help and advice I will see what they say.

T6 Caravelle in today for the superb DNX8180dab, again reverse tilt screen for the glare issue.

Compatible with the MFD, parking sensors and climate display

Another Caravelle in from the main dealer for a Pioneer reverse camera added to the factory head unit.

T6 in for the Eton plug and play front speaker kit,

ED73A891-35E2-4D81-8C6B-2D26308668A2.jpeg
A066EAA7-EBA8-4136-812B-057A565F9653.jpeg
6454C643-2A1C-432E-B6E5-C422432A2A30.jpeg
43CB0BDA-34B6-4A2A-94B8-DAF167DABEDF.jpeg
E0FBE37F-2FFB-4B9B-ADAE-B5E430DBBC4E.jpeg
F19C3C4F-71F3-43F0-AF83-DAE3ABCA43E9.jpeg
6079B5D8-5A2C-4F7F-986D-B8D095313D5E.jpeg

I’m looking to upgrade my audio but retain the original DAB head unit in my T6 Highline 140 is this possible?

Also it is being converted at the end of June from a panel van to camper, is the sub or amp affected by the swivel base?

Cheers

I’m looking to upgrade my audio but retain the original DAB head unit in my T6 Highline 140 is this possible?

Also it is being converted at the end of June from a panel van to camper, is the sub or amp affected by the swivel base?

Cheers
Yes, all possible.
I am running the @Absolut5 signature set up, which is Hertz components in doors and a-pillars, 10” JL Audio sub under passenger seat, powered from a JL Audio amp under the drivers seat. This then all operating off the OEM Discover head unit. VCDS was then used to enable the head unit to activate the rear fader controls so it could run the rear speakers.

Cheers

All possible

Back