North London, Tottenham. No CCTV, just anpr for parking time limits.
Not a nice area, but it was really busy.
Deadlocks saved a lot of heartache, but no, wont be a cheap fix.
Insurance job for sure

I assume it's a work van judging by your security. What would they have got if they'd of gained access?

Tottenham ehh, . . . . . bit rough over there.

was your van sign written? what made them go for your van? maybe the deadlocks? - they thought it might be full of tools?

Tottenham ehh, . . . . . bit rough over there.

was your van sign written? what made them go for your van? maybe the deadlocks? - they thought it might be full of tools?
Catch 22. I've been on sites where all the vans with deadlocks, have been left untouched, and ones without ripped apart.
At least in this case my tools were safe.

ironically enough I've done cctv work at the Lidls . . . . . including Tottenham branch.

No way, really ?
They told me no access to it, as it was just for anpr parking ?

Yes they do have ANPR cctv thats beamed offsite to a 3rd party for tickets . . . . . but the carpark areas are not covered . . . . just the entry and exit doors.

But the ANPR logs all number plates in and out . . . . .so when you get your crime reference number tell the police they may be able to get a list of number plates entering/leaving the main carpark during the time you was on-site.

they may be able to tally that up with similar crimes. you never know it may help.

A lot, probably about 5-6k worth of kit. That`s retail.
Or for them about £ 2-300
I didn`t open the van when I got there, so they would never have known that

That’s awful, mate. Glad they didn’t get in.

Regarding your tools, have you registered the serial numbers on Immobilise.com?

If you haven’t then it’s likely you’ll never get them back if they are pinched..

Reactions: Loz
A lot, probably about 5-6k worth of kit. That`s retail.
Or for them about £ 2-300
I didn`t open the van when I got there, so they would never have known that
I suspect they knew exactly what was in it from a previous reccy, they probably followed you.
Some years ago I was quite blatantly followed and I can tell you its scary, even after you've made it obvious that you're aware of them.
I eventually turned back into town (Sheffield) and they continued to follow all the way to West Bar Police Station where I pulled up. Toerags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done :thumbsup:
Just a note. The confirmation email - which you must reply to - went into my junk folder.

Thanks pal. Thunk that the whole fourm should take the few mins to add an address as some ppl see a van as a van not a camper etc

Petition signed. I sacked a carpenter working for me about two years ago, coming into work showing off his new cordless drills, stating how his mate had a load of nicked gear.
Thankfully on site nowadays it is seriously frowned upon and all the guys we know wouldn't touch the stuff. Would like to think if no-one buys it then there's no market to steal it, but there are so many ways to sell the stuff on websites. I must admit i am the biggest culprit when it comes to leaving tools in my van, but why the hell should i have to clear out my van every night for these P**cks.

Shotgun on trip wire to all rear doors which can only be disabled from the passenger compartment works a treat.
Just loaded with blanks as no-one wants to serve any time.

Back