Here you go, this is where I got mine. Give them a ring as the T6 is not specifically shown on their site, but they are very helpful on the phone. Great VFM protection- a bit of a lump to travel around with though.

SafeT Pedal

I’m very happy with mine. :thumbsup:

Security is all about layers, where you leave it parked, how long and is it always left in the same place, visibility etc/ factory alarm/ cctv/a visible deterrent/tracker.
Choose what suits you, but there are many very simple things that you can do.

F’rinstance- indoors, don’t keep your keys anywhere near the front door, either to avoid fishing where they hook them through the letterbox off your hall table, or being more up to date, electronic gizmos are used to magnify the fob signal fooling the vehicle about the presence of the fob so it starts.

If you regularly leave it unattended in the same place for hours on end, then cctv and visible deterrents like the SafeTPedal come more into their own.

Trackers can be bought really cheaply or much more expensive- choice is yours.

The Ghost you mention is well documented and recommended on here by those who have it.

Don’t laugh but Neighbourhood Watch is ideal if you leave it on the drive for days on end, nosey neighbours are fab, they’ll detect a recce!

Bottom line is: if they seriously want it they will steal it whatever you do. You just need to make it less likely by deterring them or making it so much effort or a by increasing the risk / return ratio that they go elsewhere.

And of course some precautions carry insurance discounts, worth checking the effect.

(BTW Make sure they cover you being parked overnight on the road outside your house, mine insisted that if it was at home it must be on the drive overnight!!)

Others will be along with their gadgets/advice.

And finally, if it’s black it will be far more desirable :rofl:

Don't leave it in the South East, Liverpool, Manchester or Bradford and you'll be fine :D

As above, it’s all about layers, starting with the factory fit/alarm immobiliser and adding to it with other things such as trackers, mechanical and/or electronic immobilisers, etc.

I’m also a big fan of Smarwater to mark my vehicles such that if they do get stolen and broken the parts are traceable back to you - stickers that come with the kits act as a good visual deterrent.

Purchased, thanks :thumbsup:
Looks like they have changed the T&Cs slightly since I last bought in that it used to be a "lifetime" subscription and its now only 5 years but still a bargain using the code.

My mate had smart water and tried not to renew, they tried all sorts including threat of court to get him to keep renewing.

My mate had smart water and tried not to renew, they tried all sorts including threat of court to get him to keep renewing.
What on? I've had it at home for circa 15 years, my Landy for 4 years and T6 for 18 months - other than initial purchase and registration I've had no contact with them? I think the trick is to buy via promo/codes, such as the one I posted above, whereby you are not signing up for annual maintenance.

What on? I've had it at home for circa 15 years, my Landy for 4 years and T6 for 18 months - other than initial purchase and registration I've had no contact with them? I think the trick is to buy via codes, such as the one above, whereby you are not signing up for annual maintenance.
That will be it then, he was an early adopter... (on his home)

That will be it then, he was an early adopter... (on his home)
Yeah - I had it via a local crime prevention initiative at home for £5 (about 15 years ago) and the two vehicles from new, both using similar £15 deals - all were sold as lifetime deals. Need to look at renewing the one at home as in 15 years most things I marked will have been replaced multiple times :)

Going to mod my pedal lock a bit to suite my paranoia/ocd, but it works well deterring as what's the point of using the obd key tools when they can't move the bugger afterwards, I've seen this "Bear lock" for the DSG which looks good, especially if used with the "safe T pedal" lock! Defo a lift job to remove vehicle then!:thumbsup: But in any case, to make sure of another level of security... DON'T keep the keys to them on the same key ring as the car keys, and DON'T put them in the same place! Same advice if you have a seat safe fitted btw!:thumbsup:

View attachment 6312

Can't quite tell from your reply there Dave ...... is your T6 a DSG and therefore there is a Safe T Pedal for T6 DSG's not just manuals ?? Cheers

Sorry I'm late to the party on this post but we pick up our T6 campervan on Saturday and keen to get some form of security fitted asap. I rang tye UK supplier of bear lock. A polish guy in London, said he'd fit for £300 and takes 3-4 hours to do. I may ask him to do it at the garage I'm collecting from at the weekend.

Back