ACC & City Braking - How Its Done -

Is it possible to cover the radar like in other vw models or is there a reason for it being open? Great write up thank you.
You can cover it with something that is not interfeering with the Radar.
I think VW was just not so into the Design, since it is only a Comercial Vehicle.
Thats why they did not invest time in designing a cover ....

I recently screen dumped the complete ECU info obtained by Carista for my T6 TSI DSG 204 Highline panel van (without ACC) and, as well as the ABS info that I noted in a post above, I’ve just noticed that it also listed the following ACC info:

Adaptive cruise control
Part #: 7N0907572C
Coding: 00005000FE0779 (hex)
Component: ACC Bosch PQx

What, if anything, can be gleaned from that?
Whell, you have the Radar Sensor, but that we alredy know.
Because you have Frontassist and for that the Sensor is needed, too.

I now can do retrofit ACC to any T6 without changing the Cluster.
If anyone is conquering this way, i can help.

Well done for persuing this. How many have you now done?

Im about to get myself a replacment MFSW from a 7.5 R golf. Only addition it gives me that I don't currently have is paddle and the acc button. I have a my67 204 with brake assist etc so I'm hoping with what you've been working on should be a simple ish mod.

Thanks.

Who knows as he’s not actually prepared to share it with us, now he’s got all the info he needs he will only sell this mod to people who want to do it

Who knows as he’s not actually prepared to share it with us, now he’s got all the info he needs he will only sell this mod to people who want to do it
Why would you make such a statement/assumption?
This is quite complex process which requires equipment for reading/writing firmware & eeprom.
Assuming radar is already onboard CP shouldn't be a problem and only radar's SWaP would need to be done.

Reactions: mmi

it’s only right, if you put a lot of time into something and got a niche market for something that VW won’t even do for you why would you give it away for free? Of course you want a few quid for your hard work. I love how everyone expects everything for free these days. I used to do a lot of fab work on vag cars, make various brackets etc for big brake kits and I’d get emails asking for the drawing so they can make it them self...

Anyway I’m very interested in this retrofit.

Pm sent

But he’s in another country and won’t discuss anything so we don’t even know if it’s a possibility

People, stay easy :)

Depressingly my found Trick only worked one time in one car of a friend.
He is very happy :)

And after debugging this for some month's now, i eaven dont understand why it worked that time :)
I started now to reverse engeneere the Firmware of the Cluster to get that Algo who encrypts the Data per Cluster, to be able to transfer this to a different Cluster.
But since this is a hobby, this takes time ...

I know that this is possible.
There are people claiming that they can do it ....
I hate that people dont share this information freely, but @ the end i understand them, because shorly there will be people trying to make a lot money of it as service.
Ore making money in selling tools who can do this.
I am not shure how to proceed whith that info if i have it, we will see.
I will keep you posted.

Greetings and Happy Christmas.

You can cover it with something that is not interfeering with the Radar.
I think VW was just not so into the Design, since it is only a Comercial Vehicle.
Thats why they did not invest time in designing a cover ....

my Golf has ACC and the radar is hidden in the VW badge. it would be nice for retrofits if a golf/other VW badge could be used in a T6? whilst this one is a bit knackered it does show some part numbers - VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 2017 - 2019 GRILLE WITH LOGO WITH RADAR 5G0853651CCZLL | eBay

The main Problem will be, that the VW Emblem on the Bus is to High, relative to the Ground.

The main Problem will be, that the VW Emblem on the Bus is to High, relative to the Ground.

i did wonder if this myself however when looking at the 2 together..the badge height isn't as different as you might think - with the T6 sensor in its 'normal' location it would be lower than the golfs sensor.

i dont have ACC in the bus, but as i had the bumper off today it ignited my interest in if a retrofit was 'doable' hence finding this thread.

.the badge height isn't as different as you might think - with the T6 sensor in its 'normal' location it would be lower than the golfs sensor.
Probably i misused the word "High"
I meant that the relative Position to Ground of the ACC Radar, can not be changed.
And in the T6 the VW Badge is aprox 20 cm higher in Position ...

You only can do this:

T6_Front.png

to this:

T6_Front_ACCPimped.png

Loving your photoshop skills! :laugh:

My question was is there some some wiggle room for positioning of the radar?..for example does it continue to operate on a swamper T6 with lifted suspension?

Using the golf again as an example, Golf 7 has it the radar unit as indicated in the attached, 7.5 has it in the badge (which they didnt reposition to the lower grill! ;)) what did VW learn to allow them to do this?

s-l400.jpg

I dont know the phisical Boundaries which apply to the ACC Radars.
But the main issue is that the position of the Radar is important for Calculation.
And that is why this needs to be parameterised.
VCP and O**s can change this Settings. (with ZDC Files or XML Files which holds that information.)
For the T6 there are for example 3 different Configurations, depending on the Chassis Version that you have.
I think this is because of the Different positions in hight:
- Normal
- 20 mm lower
- 4 Motion (which is xx mm higher)
Theese are beeing 34 Bytes of undocumented Configuration.
You only need to find out which Byte is configuring the position of the Radar.
Than you are free inside the unknown phisical Boundaries.

for example does it continue to operate on a swamper T6 with lifted suspension?

I think it will work, but not as precise as it should.
There are a lot of liftet or lowered T6 Busses in the World.
And i did not read any problems with ACC on them.

But without some Numbers this is only a guess

Back