18” Tyre recommendations for 8J wheels

Hello, I am real new to the forum and to vans, collecting a T6 Startline panel van this week and first job I want do is change standard steels to alloys.
I have looked at some 18x8x42 black alloys MSW (by Oz) wheels and as a tyre package they recommend 255x45x18, just wanted to know people's experiences/ opinions with these dimensions for wheels and tyres, as in any rubbing issues, TIA.

Appreciate your feedback thanks, all going well hopefully will be fitted next week and definitely will post some photos
And then the chaos changing bits will start, not full camper planned, just insulation and carpeted, R &R bed or U bench system and leisure battery with hookup and little cosmetic changes.

Welcome - just check the wheels and tyres are load rated appropriately for your vehicle.
Yeah will do all tyre options show (Y103) XL, but need to check wheels, hoping as the website asks for vehicle make snd model, I would like to think they take that into account in their search function, but definitely will double check when place order.

Another question, would the torque of the bolts/ studs of 133ft/lbs - 180nm be correct for aftemarket alloys as against standard steels? If the values I have mentioned are correct.

Back