Chippy1970

Carpenter
T6 Guru
1000011420.jpg

Freshly delivered yesterday, 18" wolfrace x10x wheels. Would I be right in thinking tyres would be 255/45 R18 Y ??

Also can anyone recommend a brand and a supplier / fitter in Surrey, that won't damage them ?

Nice wheels! where did you buy them from?

yes OEM size for 18's is 255/45/18. although people have also fitted 235/50/18 and 235/55/18, do a search on the forum for more info. Main thing to ensure is that you get the correct load rated tyres for your van.

View attachment 228645

Freshly delivered yesterday, 18" wolfrace x10x wheels. Would I be right in thinking tyres would be 255/45 R18 Y ??

Also can anyone recommend a brand and a supplier / fitter in Surrey, that won't damage them ?
10J front will poke quite a lot, I think.
@BognorMotors what’s your thoughts? Ignore me, I had the wrong end of the stick!

Last edited:
10j is very wide! Is that correct? The suggested tyre sizes will be quite stretched

Lovely wheels btw, I have the same set but in 19 inch

@T6Paul Yeah I nearly went 19" I saw yours but decided 18 was ok

I got the 255 from the tyre packages offered by wolfrace on their site for that wheel . However when you scan down the list they did have some 235 ones too so maybe that'd be better ?
Oh hold on - if the model is X10X and the width is 8.5J then there nowhere near as wide as I initially thought. I’ll amend the title.

@T6Paul Yeah I nearly went 19" I saw yours but decided 18 was ok

I got the 255 from the tyre packages offered by wolfrace on their site for that wheel . However when you scan down the list they did have some 235 ones too so maybe that'd be better ?
either will work, 235's might be cheaper, both fine for the 8.5J alloy.

Look forward to seeing them on the van!

10j is very wide! Is that correct? The suggested tyre sizes will be quite stretched

Lovely wheels btw, I have the same set but in 19 inch
Thinking of these wheels for my black kombi. Undecided weather to go 18” or 19”. Any pics?

I like these wheels a lot, great price and also direct fit for transporters, very OEM + look (in silver)

@Chippy1970 did they give you new bolts?

I almost pulled the trigger on a set of 18” Wolfrace x10x direct from Wolfrace but their answers to my pre sales technical query put me off.
When you look to buy direct from Wolfrace and look at the advanced details between the different colour options the specifications aren’t always consistent. Different offsets, different centre bores, different load ratings.
I queried why and what I was going to get as I didn’t want spigot rings. I was told that what was shown was dependant upon stock but to just order via a link they sent me and there would be no problem, they would fit.
However the link took me to the same place where, for the colour I was going to purchase at the time, spigot rings were listed as being required.
As I wasn’t sure as to actually what I was going to get, I hesitated and then went off on another tangent completely.
I would say double check what you are going to get when purchasing the x10x if you want a guaranteed direct fit.

I almost pulled the trigger on a set of 18” Wolfrace x10x direct from Wolfrace but their answers to my pre sales technical query put me off.
When you look to buy direct from Wolfrace and look at the advanced details between the different colour options the specifications aren’t always consistent. Different offsets, different centre bores, different load ratings.
I queried why and what I was going to get as I didn’t want spigot rings. I was told that what was shown was dependant upon stock but to just order via a link they sent me and there would be no problem, they would fit.
However the link took me to the same place where, for the colour I was going to purchase at the time, spigot rings were listed as being required.
As I wasn’t sure as to actually what I was going to get, I hesitated and then went off on another tangent completely.
I would say double check what you are going to get when purchasing the x10x if you want a guaranteed direct fit.
That's odd all I did was fill out the van reg number on the order form and the van model came up and they delivered them Sunday. No mention of needing anything else, they even supplied new bolts. I'm pretty sure it said somewhere they're guaranteed to fit.

50mm offset it's says one the box

the 8j comes in 72mm centre and the 8.5j =65.1mm which perfect for the transporter is what they told me on the phone

Last edited:
These were what I was looking at.
Listed for Transporter. Still 8.5j, but different load rating and spigot rings required.

Back