18” Tyre recommendations for 8J wheels

Finally fitted:

1632232247634.png

Quite a bit of 'kerb protection':

1632232278156.png

Have to say, I think they look pretty epic.

Might raise the whole thing by 1cm to get an equal gap round th arches.

Last edited:
It’s at high setting in that pic… I ‘ll get some more soon.

Do I raise it a hair?

1632336611986.png

1632336652478.png

Feels like raising 10mm or so will have the wheels sat nicely in the middle of the arch.

I think that's a question only you can really answer as 10 different people will have 10 different opinions when it comes to ride height, for what it's worth I think it looks fine as is.

Ta for the feedback. I think I'll leave as is for now and see if I get used to it. I'm probably just fussing over possible rubbing at this height (with the 'bulge' in the tyre wall) but I suspect that's a non-issue.

In the pics on my post the van sits on B14s set at about midway, can't go lower as it's a camper with an under slung water tank and currently about 70mm of air before the tank hits the tarmac.
Without lowering the van though even a 20" wheel won't fill the arches, it will just look a bit like a swamper running the wrong tyres.
Without trying to sound like a style fascist tyres with high sidewalls aren't a brilliant way to fill the arches either makes the van really skinny and gawky looking from behind when you want to look planted.
Back wheel with 25mm spacer to aid arch fillage.
View attachment 128238
Hi
Did you consider a 20” wheel and reduce tyre wall size not to rub, or were you advised against / calculated not to go 20” wheel .

Olly

@Ollyboy61 the wife told me what size I was getting...!
Thing is now I keep looking at 20s especially after seeing the BusFest entry photos taken as you entered the Brown Gate between 1300 and 1400hrs Friday... poor Agnes our camper looked a bit mumsy instead of a streetwise tart with a heart...
Now I've got to justify bigger wheels as some sort of van boob job to get the expenditure past central funding!

@Ollyboy61 the wife told me what size I was getting...!
Thing is now I keep looking at 20s especially after seeing the BusFest entry photos taken as you entered the Brown Gate between 1300 and 1400hrs Friday... poor Agnes our camper looked a bit mumsy instead of a streetwise tart with a heart...
Now I've got to justify bigger wheels as some sort of van boob job to get the expenditure past central funding!
Dream on Frosty boy … it’s not gonna happen. You had your one and only chance to tart her up. It’s why we can’t live without them, ALWAYS the voice of reason in an other wise big boys world
20” here I come

Olly

Hello
I have purchased a set of 18” x 8” alloys. I have stock suspension on my t6.1 t32 4motion kombi.

I use the van for work so I don’t want low profile. The local garage is suggesting a 255/45x18 tyre as the profile to go for.

Can anyone advise if this will work.

I’ve got same size wheels and running 235/55/18 Michelin CrossClimate, a bit more sidewall and speedo reads slightly under. Ie 70 on gps shows 69 on speedo

Hello
I have purchased a set of 18” x 8” alloys. I have stock suspension on my t6.1 t32 4motion kombi.

I use the van for work so I don’t want low profile. The local garage is suggesting a 255/45x18 tyre as the profile to go for.

Can anyone advise if this will work.

255/45/18 is an approved size, 235/55/18 also works well, either would fit perfectly on an 8 inch wide 18" alloy.

I’ve got same size wheels and running 235/55/18 Michelin CrossClimate, a bit more sidewall and speedo reads slightly under. Ie 70 on gps shows 69 on speedo
Do you reckon a bit more sidewall improves comfort and grip?

Back