Your best £1-£100 van investment

Probably this - it’s fished out so many cables through the chassis for my underslung tanks, that it’s worth more than the £7 or so that I paid for it.
E2807CA7-DA91-41DC-97DD-C9B6C57A85C7.jpeg

View attachment 33740 View attachment 33741
Re. The window blinds. We made them a tight fit within the window & “thumb” them into the sealing rubbers. The curtains do the rest.
The inner roof liner was a tad more technical. We templated the roof canvas (it’s deceptively “un square”). We cut insulation to match the roof canvas panels & made corner hinges with gaffer tape. We taped plastic rods into the front vertical corners to give support. The liner is a tight fit top & bottom between the roof lid & base frame. Some spring loaded net curtain poles from Wilko hold everything in place. Sounds more complicated than it is.

Thanks guys, possibly the best idea I have seen yet!!! I just completed mine too, instead of using the rods I’m using a double sided stick Velcro tape to hold it up!

257621F8-5FCF-4217-8604-E1C07843B367.jpeg

85151FE8-44AF-4971-8355-012B3A504AFA.jpeg

15C7211A-3AFF-4E03-850F-2A52610EF986.jpeg

Another investment experimenting inexpensive things. Steplights by sliding door.
---> US $8.78 41% OFF|2pcs Error Free 18SMD LED Courtesy Glove Box Under Door Foot Light for Audi Skoda Fabia Octavia VW Golf4/5/6 Tiguan Touareg-in Signal Lamp from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Current draw 0.2A = 2.4W., so quite/very bright. Colour bright white - matches with OEM LEDs in the load area.
Plug and play :) - van's connector directly into the light (the pictured loom not needed) - even the polarity was right :D.

3½ year later - well, cheapish LEDs are not forever - at least without proper current regulation.

Sliding_door_LED_3½_years_20230408.jpg

We all know that a new set of wheels or springs will make our vans great, but what about the small stuff? What have you bought for under £100 that has improved your enjoyment of your van in some way?

An example from me: an aeropress. I like good coffee but I also can't be bothered with "faff". Aeropress is a cheap (from £22 on Amazon http://amzn.to/2xdmO4l ), quick way of making good coffee that takes up hardly any space.
I already have an aeropress at home and another at the office so buying a third for the van made sense. In fact it's the first thing I've bought to go inside.

Anyone else have favourite buys?
snap i have one its ace

Best thing for me was a dashcam. Very cheap but had lots of features. When someone decided to hit me and drive on I was able to recoup 8 or 9x the cost of the initial cam back! In this day and age makes sense to have one plugged in at all times!

We all know that a new set of wheels or springs will make our vans great, but what about the small stuff? What have you bought for under £100 that has improved your enjoyment of your van in some way?

An example from me: an aeropress. I like good coffee but I also can't be bothered with "faff". Aeropress is a cheap (from £22 on Amazon http://amzn.to/2xdmO4l ), quick way of making good coffee that takes up hardly any space.
I already have an aeropress at home and another at the office so buying a third for the van made sense. In fact it's the first thing I've bought to go inside.

Anyone else have favourite buys?
I love my aeropress. I took it with me to one of the camper shows. At the next show about 6 of the vans had them.;)

Then @Bigsidavies Davies pulled out some special coffee bags which I then bought along with others like @Dellmassive . It tasted like cheap Japanese van diesel but he was happy though!

Another +1 for the aeropress here.

Also a big shout-out to the CPlay2Air adapter for wireless CarPlay.

Another +1 for the aeropress here.

Also a big shout-out to the CPlay2Air adapter for wireless CarPlay.
I have the C2Play as well. They only issue I shave with it is that there can be 5-15 second delay on it on Google or Apple maps. Made me miss a few turns in the past.

Back