Wind deflectors... which ones?

I’ve ordered HEKO ones, arrived the other day, I also ordered some more clips for a few quid off eBay as most seem unsure where to put the two that go either side, I figured minimum of 4 per side would add a tad more security.

not fitted yet as it’s been icy, snowing and raining.

Reactions: CAB
Where did you guys buy your climair ones from please?

Last edited:

Heko seem to be in the majority, a few have had issues as with most things, but you'll hear about the problems more than the satisfied users.

Got mine from eternalcar on Amazon.
Well, after a year with the Hekos on, I noticed that the passenger side was loose. This side gets the sun half the day, the driver side is towards the house.

The adhesive strip has lost its adhesion, just totally dried up.

So I got some 3M stuff I had and stuck it back in, and also ordered 8 generic clips from ebay. All jammed in, extra 4 on each side, seems fine for now.

Hi,

I wonder if all the Heko are equipped with 3M adhesive or there are two different versions/kit? Got a t28/T6 to install them...

Cheers

Hi,

I wonder if all the Heko are equipped with 3M adhesive or there are two different versions/kit? Got a t28/T6 to install them...

Cheers
Don’t think there are different versions. Just keep an eye on them, especially if parked in the sun.

The 3M tape I added was just some double-sided stuff I had in the garage.

My Heko wind deflectors (fitted only for wet weather camping ventilation) are a pain, the pax one has slipped out of position and nearly fallen off on a number of occasions.

I then aggravated a minor issue by replacing the supplied double sided tape with sailmakers tape, the next time it slipped out the glue residue on the outer window seal stuck the window fast half up and required me to remove the door card, wing mirror and release window glass to clean all the goo off. A real pain in the ar@e

Anyone else find Heko deflectors slip? I’m giving up on mine.

My Heko wind deflectors (fitted only for wet weather camping ventilation) are a pain, the pax one has slipped out of position and nearly fallen off on a number of occasions.

I then aggravated a minor issue by replacing the supplied double sided tape with sailmakers tape, the next time it slipped out the glue residue on the outer window seal stuck the window fast half up and required me to remove the door card, wing mirror and release window glass to clean all the goo off. A real pain in the ar@e

Anyone else find Heko deflectors slip? I’m giving up on mine.
Try ClimAir, a bit more expensive but far better than Heko imho

I've got Heko's and had the same problem with them slipping, I bought some extra clips off eBay, and used them, I think I've got about 5 in each side. They've been solid since,

I fitted ClimAir and find: great for night sleeping, can leave open about 1inch whilst driving without too much road noise and because you screw them in at bottom very hard to steel.

It's 29C right now as I type this sitting outside in an awning and the cat fast asleep on the driver's seat. Worth fitting.

I would not by the hekos . As above they slip and make a lot of wind noise. I would get the climairs

Another for Heko, had them in for 3 years on t5 then put them on my t6 and not a single scratch :thumbsup:
TEAM Heko +1 Really easy fit, 2 mins, come with metal inserts that fit into the window recess and I think 3 to 5 pre installed sticky pads. Yep no scratches, dropped on a set for £25 off ebay. The window doesn't even know they're there.

I’ve just been bought some Climairs as a Father’s Day present in black but they don’t look as opaque as I’d expected as you can see through them. Can anyone confirm that this is how the black ones are i.e. not completely black and slightly see through?image.jpg

I’ve just been bought some Climairs as a Father’s Day present in black but they don’t look as opaque as I’d expected as you can see through them. Can anyone confirm that this is how the black ones are i.e. not completely black and slightly see through?View attachment 160678
All the wind deflectors that I have ever had have been like dark glasses as opposed to opaque. If they were opaque they would obscure the view.

All the wind deflectors that I have ever had have been like dark glasses as opposed to opaque. If they were opaque they would obscure the view.
Cheers. The code on the box is 3277D which on the Climair website says it’s the Dark Sports version so I guess it isn’t a true, opaque black in an inverse Spinal Tap type way

Back