Where to buy towbar and at what price? DIY

Will my t6 trend line 2017 panel van have the extended wiring for the westfalia kit to plug into it? Or do I need to buy the toe bar vehicle electrics and extended loom for it?

Will my t6 trend line 2017 panel van have the extended wiring for the westfalia kit to plug into it? Or do I need to buy the toe bar vehicle electrics and extended loom for it?
Only if there is code "1D7" on configuration sticker (under the dash at driver's seat). If so, there is a black 8-pin connector in left D-pillar.

Bottom left of the sticker is this the code I’m looking for? Thanks. Sorry for being thick but it has a lot of codes on it

Yes, if that's your build sticker then you have towbar prep

That’s what I had, I couldn’t get the right loom from pf Jones (or get any sense out of them), I got mine from autodoc.co.uk

Easy enough to fit though with a pin out tool from eBay.

Had my tow bar fitted by PF JONES mobile fitting 2weeks ago
Had the Westfalia tow bar and vw wiring and coding done took the bloke about 5 hours outside my house (Essex area ) ..
Hi did the fitting go ok I'm in deal Kent looking for a mobile tow bar fitting service been quoted £600 supply & fit sounds a lot but this is all new to me.....cheers mick

Fitting went all good like I said took about 5 hours it was quick to put the towbar on it’s the wiring that takes the time

£600 sounds about right, I’ve had three quotes and they came to that give or take. I could buy the kit for around £300 and code and fit myself but it’s finding the time amongst the other projects...

Hi all recently bought a 2017 T32 Kombi. Looking to fit buy a detachable towbar and full 13 pin electric kit. Going to be fitting myself so looking for supply only. Can anyone advise were to buy from? Also what coding is required afterwards?

Depends on what brand your after but pf Jones usually have a good selection. It’s worth checking their prices on the website versus their eBay page. Usually one is cheaper than the other, wiring kits available as well

Not sure on best brand to get. Don’t mind paying more for better quality especially for the electrics side of things. Should have said that my van doesn’t have tow bar prep.

PF Jones do all brands pretty much, most seem to prefer the westfalia detachable. Wiring kits are available for both tow bar prep or not.

Just make sure that you get one with VW compatible electrics, not the general purpose loom as they trip your parking sensors

Looking to add a towbar to allow me to eventually add a 3 bike carrier to my barn door.

A tow bars a tow bar to me. I had a detachable one on my last car but I always just had it in situ.

Are they easy enough to fit as I’m thinking of buying one online along with the electrical kit or should I just pay the £445 quoted for supply and installation?

Does my 2016 T6 Caravelle come pre fitted with all necessary parts to enable me to fit a removable tow bar?

Does my 2016 T6 Caravelle come pre fitted with all necessary parts to enable me to fit a removable tow bar?
The easy bit that you can do from the comfort of your chair: Have a look at the PFJones install manual online….it will show you the plug that should exist (often behind rear quarter panel on passenger side) if you have pre-wiring!

The hard bit is that you have to leave your chair to look. You could stick your phone in and take a pic of the connections to save a bit of effort.

Back