Swing Out Tow Bar for bike rack

MickW

VIP Member
For you info
Hi I’ve struggled with Bike racks since buying our first van mainly due to using heavy and now electric bikes, this year I fitted a towbar mounted bike rack. A pain in the! due to the van being a barn door version however I’ve just taken delivery of a swing out tow bar photos attached.
First impression is very good but I doubt that it’ll get a proper trial until next year.

Yes I know that it’s on the wrong van T6 doesn’t have a tow-bar yet.

Mickw

IMG_1087.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
I think it’s Witter who do a receiver hitch for the transporter, that has a swing out attachment for bikes or boxes?

I think it’s Witter who do a receiver hitch for the transporter, that has a swing out attachment for bikes or boxes?
Hi, can you tell me where you got your swing out mount? I'm looking for some options to consider instead of a tilt down rack. Thanks

Hi, can you tell me where you got your swing out mount? I'm looking for some options to consider instead of a tilt down rack. Thanks
Hi I found it on e bay, the guys number is 07747 803563
I tried it on the van and it works well with one slight concern, he has drilled the holes slightly oversize about 18mm so the whole thing is a bit sloppy until the fixing bolts are FT
Its not powder coated which is a shame I’ll probably get that done
The fella was good to deal with he couldn’t produce straight away but did so before the date he suggested.
He included postage in the price.
sofar I’m pleased with the kit

Mick W

Hi I found it on e bay, the guys number is 07747 803563
I tried it on the van and it works well with one slight concern, he has drilled the holes slightly oversize about 18mm so the whole thing is a bit sloppy until the fixing bolts are FT
Its not powder coated which is a shame I’ll probably get that done
The fella was good to deal with he couldn’t produce straight away but did so before the date he suggested.
He included postage in the price.
sofar I’m pleased with the kit

Mick W
Thanks Mick, much appreciated!

Back