Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

@Bav - They did overnight stays just before lock down. As far as I they still do them, but space is limited, so would probably have to phone up and reserve a place.

Reactions: Bav
Do they offer overnight stopovers there? That's useful to know. :thumbsup:
I’ve stayed there many times. £10 per night, it’s donated to a local charity. They have a communal bog and shower for campers: there is a field for tents. The food is great and dogs are welcome. They very often have a group or tribute bands on. Plenty of space and if it is full there a few laybys nearby (within 100m) where the tight gits stop so they don't have to pay.

If you hike there are a number of walks from there with a great 8 mile circular walk.

@Bav - They did overnight stays just before lock down. As far as I they still do them, but space is limited, so would probably have to phone up and reserve a place.
Swift visit to The Tan Hill Inn. I have promised myself an overnihht stay in their car park, once the weather improves. It was a wee bit bleak up there today.View attachment 189391
I’ve been snowed in there for 3 days in winter when I was based at Catterick and I was running an exercise. We had a blast.

I’ve stayed there in a snowstorm in the T6. Toasty with the pop top down and the diesel heater on. The guys in the tents were not happy though!

We have been to Tan Hill twice but both times on foot. The first time was walking the Coast to Coast and the second was walking the Pennine Way. Both are highly recommended.

Went to Launceston for a mooch around, it was freezing so didn't stay long. Headed towards Boscastle, but stopped at the Eliot Arms for lunch - great food, but the local feathered mafia had made a real mess of my van in the car park by the time we'd finished. Then did Boscastle on our way back to where we're staying at Milton Damerel.

Reactions: CAB
You mean Everest? Didn't check them.
Howover, the outside dining pods did look a bit tired, after a long winter.

Do you sit lower down in those seats compared to the standard transporter seats? After fitting swivels my seats sit higher than i'd like.
@davecdjt yes you do mate.......i've not got a swivel on the drivers seat but had to pump it up and still sit lower than i did in the standard seat.

@davecdjt yes you do mate.......i've not got a swivel on the drivers seat but had to pump it up and still sit lower than i did in the standard seat.
Perfect. May be a job for down the line when I’m not skint. We’d like to be able to sit lower than we do at present.

You wouldn't believe the difference..........as much as it pained the wife to say even she was impressed. That was after i told her the price too :p
Am I allowed (do I want to know:rolleyes:) to ask the price of the seats? Did you buy them new or where do you get them from? Are they a straightforward swap onto the T6?

After a remarkably quiet night in a Norwich car park we headed north to Deer’s Glade Caravan and Camping Park somewhere in the countryside between Norwich and Cromer. It’s open all year with plenty of room at the moment View attachment 189792View attachment 189792and has a good facilities block.

We thought the site was remote but then discovered nearby a secret bus stop on the frequent Norwich to Cromer/ Sheringham/ Holt bus service. I say ‘secret’ because there is no bus-stop sign and I can’t find it on the Sanders Coaches website on my phone. However Google knows it and it is well used by the locals who refer to it as the Hanworth Post Office stop. Google strangely refers to the stop as ‘Turn’. Anyway we had a good bus ride out to Holt with fares capped at £2.

830380C2-CAAF-402E-ADE6-6D97440256A9.jpegE0D3593E-A710-462C-A59B-8C87E698186C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back