Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

After the Xtreme Pantin Competition on the Saturday at Pantin,Galicia we all took part in an hours expression session on the Sunday.It was a chance to relax after the pressures of competing in challenging conditions and for me to be on the water catching waves with some great friends and a few of my sporting heroes,namely father and son Edu and Odei Etxeberria.

I even managed to take out the Best Wipeout award,presented to me by the 2015 kayaksurf world champion Edu Etxeberria

BEST WIPEOUT PANTIN.jpg

Pantin(always a tough venue) was definitely one of the highlights of a 2 month trip filled with highlights

PANTIN PADDLE OUT.jpg

I put together a little video of the Expression Session,hope you enjoy

Last edited:
Parents had a static caravan in Lincs so remember seeing the signs to RAF Donna Nook.

We always had a laugh at the sign to Mavis Enderby and Old Bollingbroke (sp) as it reminded us of mums friend Mavis and her husband.

Thanks for prompting the memories and wildlife update.

A visit to Mr @Tourershine to collect a single steel wheel to replace the spare I had stolen.

Whilst I was there I thought I would show him how his house would look with "the best colour" T6 on his drive.
School boy error that I didn't clean it beforehand but its still the best pic I've ever seen outside his house.;)

9C854EBE-B7FA-48E3-AE9A-1135A2E069E6_1_201_a.jpeg

Seriously though. Cheers Paul, I can now free up the Devonport I was using as a spare and now I have a full set on which to put some winter tyres.:thumbsup:

Now I need to decide which winter tyres are best for a T32.

A visit to Mr @Tourershine to collect a single steel wheel to replace the spare I had stolen.

Whilst I was there I thought I would show him how his house would look with "the best colour" T6 on his drive.
School boy error that I didn't clean it beforehand but its still the best pic I've ever seen outside his house.;)

View attachment 54992

Seriously though. Cheers Paul, I can now free up the Devonport I was using as a spare and now I have a full set on which to put some winter tyres.:thumbsup:

Now I need to decide which winter tyres are best for a T32.

Your T6 makes my house look like a dolls house. My daughter was amused that you were taking pictures outside. She texted saying 'some weird guy is taking pictures of our house Daddy, I'm scared' ;)

Glad the wheel boxes were still there when I got home though.

Your T6 makes my house look like a dolls house. My daughter was amused that you were taking pictures outside. She texted saying 'some weird guy is taking pictures of our house Daddy, I'm scared' ;)

Glad the wheel boxes were still there when I got home though.
LOL, I told her I was taking pictures to tease you and she said, "Wow, your van is a much nicer colour than my dads".;)

Last edited:
I stayed in a park just outside Marlborough Saturday night. As you can see, it was dark. Really dark. The sky looked great.
IMG_20191130_180927.jpg

Into @DaveyB territory. View attachment 56144

Didcot Fire station.
@Lord Mfwic. Recognised it instantly without having to scroll down. Place still gives me shivers 21 years on, after being stuck there for 16 weeks doing my basic training course. That was back in the day when the Rain making machine (6 cooling towers of Didcot A) was still burning coal. Proper grey and grim.
You should have given me a shout and nipped in for a brew in Kidlington.

@Lord Mfwic. Recognised it instantly without having to scroll down. Place still gives me shivers 21 years on, after being stuck there for 16 weeks doing my basic training course. That was back in the day when the Rain making machine (6 cooling towers of Didcot A) was still burning coal. Proper grey and grim.
You should have given me a shout and nipped in for a brew in Kidlington.
I'm quoting for some structural work on the Smoke house. I'll let you know if it goes ahead and pop over to see you.

Back