When is a van not a van ... ask HMRC!

I keep a log of all my miles......all business......really.

I'm not allowed to take it to the tip, T32, so no personal miles for me.

Those of you you put your Kombi down as a purely business use vehicle, are you allowed in the eyes of HMRC to keep it on your driveway at home? I also have use of my wife's car which I guess helps a bit. Also, if you ever got checked, they would want to see a milage log of some sort I assume?

The M6 toll applies that the transporter, irrespective of model is an HGV

£9.60

Kerching

The M6 toll applies that the transporter, irrespective of model is an HGV

£9.60

Kerching
If it's lowered it goes through as a car :thumbsup: or you could try braking hard as you enter the lane :cry:

If it's lowered it goes through as a car :thumbsup: or you could try braking hard as you enter the lane :cry:

Nice idea but it’s a HGV . The nice gentleman in the kiosk wasn’t going to change his mind

So coming back south I used the free M6

Those of you you put your Kombi down as a purely business use vehicle, are you allowed in the eyes of HMRC to keep it on your driveway at home? I also have use of my wife's car which I guess helps a bit. Also, if you ever got checked, they would want to see a milage log of some sort I assume?

My business address is my home address, so no arguments there, and yes I keep a mileage log, and yes I have use of another car. The van also has a bulkhead separating the passengers from the loading area, and that area is shelved out to carry equipment.

Nice idea but it’s a HGV . The nice gentleman in the kiosk wasn’t going to change his mind

So coming back south I used the free M6
On the toll road, the cost of the vehicle is based on the height at the point through the centre of the front wheel. Below 1.3mts is classed as a car. Transporters are right on the cusp. If your lowered enough you're ok, I go through as a car every time now. In my old van sometimes if I was carrying enough or breaking hard as I entered the lane I got away with it. Other times I was no so lucky :laugh:

On the toll road, the cost of the vehicle is based on the height at the point through the centre of the front wheel. Below 1.3mts is classed as a car. Transporters are right on the cusp. If your lowered enough you're ok, I go through as a car every time now. In my old van sometimes if I was carrying enough or breaking hard as I entered the lane I got away with it. Other times I was no so lucky :laugh:

My works Transit custom limited is £11.00, my lowered T6 is £5.60 guess which van i always use when pricing work :rolleyes:

Height?! Never knew that.

I did learn that the Dartford Crossing price for lorries depends on how many axles you have touching the floor the hard way - I had mistakenly taken out the Dart Tag for the 7.5t and so I found the barrier wouldn’t rise at the booth when I arrived in the 26t.. After the booth operator pointed this out to me I felt like I had cracked the enigma code when I lifted the third axle of the truck and they let me through :cool:

Back