T6 Euro 6 UK road tax

You've seen so many theories here with people trying to help you, but if you think about it as I have after the horrendous year or so of ABSOLUTELY EVERY chargable item, or service costs have gone through the roof and beyond. It seems WE ALL moan and scream to the rafters about it, but everyone is at it! My assumptions after what I see today takes me back many years to when and after we joined The European Union and the hard and fast RULES taboot. EVERYONE was up in arms with what a lot of us called some of the ridiculous rules..(Such as the selling bent bananas etc I remember!)...but as tough as it was WE ALL complied, worked with it and got used to it in practice ...INCLUDING the government.....because they also had NO CHOICE!
BREXIT happened......and it has now developed into a FREE FOR ALL, in the every which way we turn we now see bad and greedy behaviour, including the retail trade, business, services etc etc. Our world has gone mad and it seems the ones who could stop all this are as BAD AS THE WORST!
Can anyone who lived through Maggie Thatchers era see her sitting back and allowing all this to continue to push us all down the Swanee???

I think you'll find that St Maggie of Grantham was firmly in the "Free Market, Capitalist" camp, which basically means that you charge as much the customer is prepared to pay. I don't remember her as being a particular champion of the consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll find that St Maggie of Grantham was firmly in the "Free Market, Capitalist" camp, which basically means that you charge as much the customer is prepared to pay. I don't remember her as being a particular champion of the consumer.
Ooooo, careful, having a pop at Maggie can be a dangerous thing.

You've seen so many theories here with people trying to help you, but if you think about it as I have after the horrendous year or so of ABSOLUTELY EVERY chargable item, or service costs have gone through the roof and beyond. It seems WE ALL moan and scream to the rafters about it, but everyone is at it! My assumptions after what I see today takes me back many years to when and after we joined The European Union and the hard and fast RULES taboot. EVERYONE was up in arms with what a lot of us called some of the ridiculous rules..(Such as the selling bent bananas etc I remember!)...but as tough as it was WE ALL complied, worked with it and got used to it in practice ...INCLUDING the government.....because they also had NO CHOICE!
BREXIT happened......and it has now developed into a FREE FOR ALL, in the every which way we turn we now see bad and greedy behaviour, including the retail trade, business, services etc etc. Our world has gone mad and it seems the ones who could stop all this are as BAD AS THE WORST!
Can anyone who lived through Maggie Thatchers era see her sitting back and allowing all this to continue to push us all down the Swanee???
Well, @DonnyGee, you can’t complain that you didn’t get a warm welcome.

Thanks for joining the forum. Now, leaving the politics aside, tell us a bit about your Transporter..

It is what it is. Best do some research on vehicle running costs before purchasing…..road tax, insurance etc
Now that solved the problem! So where do we go from here to deliver our eggs then?

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Well, @DonnyGee, you can’t complain that you didn’t get a warm welcome.

Thanks for joining the forum. Now, leaving the politics aside, tell us a bit about your Transporter..
I just opened up and was honestly shocked to see that several members were disturbed, or have taken some sort of offence to a comment I'd made. I am really sad for this reason. I truly cannot remember my comment at all, or even if it was off-point or not and I certainly do not want to make things worse by guessing other than I think it may be road tax related. I cannot imagine that I would say something that would be personally disturbing! What I will say, is that I am sorry to all if I have offended, or been misunderstood, because I most certainly would not be coming here to intentionally offend anyone at all. If at all possible Please accept my apology. I will contribute more carefully in the future if I'm welcome because I have now taken ownership of a wonderful 2019 Sportline that I have dreams of making into something even more special to myself and my family.....so there will be pictures at a later date when I have a little more time for sure.:thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:

I just opened up and was honestly shocked to see that several members were disturbed, or have taken some sort of offence to a comment I'd made. I am really sad for this reason. I truly cannot remember my comment at all, or even if it was off-point or not and I certainly do not want to make things worse by guessing other than I think it may be road tax related. I cannot imagine that I would say something that would be personally disturbing! What I will say, is that I am sorry to all if I have offended, or been misunderstood, because I most certainly would not be coming here to intentionally offend anyone at all. If at all possible Please accept my apology. I will contribute more carefully in the future if I'm welcome because I have now taken ownership of a wonderful 2019 Sportline that I have dreams of making into something even more special to myself and my family.....so there will be pictures at a later date when I have a little more time for sure.:thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:
I've just looked through the responses and I guess I must have been moaning about something politics related. I now believe that this subject is a No No. I wish I was aware of this and it certainly will not be a topic of mine in the future for sure.:cool:

I've just looked through the responses and I guess I must have been moaning about something politics related. I now believe that this subject is a No No. I wish I was aware of this and it certainly will not be a topic of mine in the future for sure.:cool:
Yeah, just cut out the politics and all will be forgotten/forgiven. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum @DonnyGee how's your van? Any outings planned:whistle:
I wish, but the DREAMS are there... I splashed 43k for my Sportline T6. So the necessary converting is another save, to raise some of the 20k needed. Unless you know of any Craftsman who doesn't want to be a millionaire that might be able to do it in his back garden for me for the bits....and a bit more!!! :thumbsup: To be honest I could easily buy the bits...Its just the pro fitting that pushes it into the expensive zone I believe!:mad:

all tax discs going up 1st april again !
mine will be £190 was originally £140 in 2017
massive gas guzzerlers will be over £700 !
its mad

• Wow
I have been driving the buzz with free road tax but all changing next April. It’s going to be the same as all your t6 vans .
I am happy to pay road tax as I drive it a lot for work but does it make sense to put it up to the same as petrol or diesel vans.
I did get the £5000 government grant but am sure if they stopped it VW would drop the price.

• Wow
I have been driving the buzz with free road tax but all changing next April. It’s going to be the same as all your t6 vans .
I am happy to pay road tax as I drive it a lot for work but does it make sense to put it up to the same as petrol or diesel vans.
I did get the £5000 government grant but am sure if they stopped it VW would drop the price.
Regardless of emissions, all vehicle contribute to the need to maintain the road infrastructure, so, yes, absolutely it makes sense.

Back