T6 Euro 6 UK road tax

If it’s commercial registered it’s double tax so what’s that got to do with CO2?

Road Tax is calculated on CO2 emissions nothing to do with Euro engine emission standards.

Also if your V5 states it’s a mini bus or camper then your road tax will be less more like half. Not sure what that has to do with CO2 other than maybe more usage which is hard to calculate from each individual user. They don’t take into account the CO2 produced by electric vehicles to charge them

Road Tax is calculated on CO2 emissions nothing to do with Euro engine emission standards.

Also if your V5 states it’s a mini bus or camper then your road tax will be less more like half. Not sure what that has to do with CO2 other than maybe more usage which is hard to calculate from each individual user. They don’t take into account the CO2 produced by electric vehicles to charge them
It's quite simple. If it's an Vehicle Category M1 (Motorhome/Shuttle/Caravelle) it's taxed as a car, therefore on emissions, but they are subject to the £40k posh car tax on top until they are 6 years old. Any other Transporter is in Vehicle Category N1, therefore subject to the flat rate for commercial vehicles Euro 5 and better registered after 1st March 2001.

Hello. I'm new to the forum.
Anyway, I recently emailed my local MP to ask why Euro 6 vans incur higher road tax than Euro 4 or Euro 5, asking her to take it up with the Chancellor.
She replied, saying she could see no reason for this other than the road tax system for vans is outdated; she said she'd ask the Chancellor and would get back to me when she's received a reply.
If, like me, you have a Euro 6 van (even if you don't have one!), please write to your MP, asking them to pursue this. Maybe, just maybe, if enough people do this, it might make a difference.
(Tip: you'll have to include your name and address so that your MP will be able to respond under parliamentary rules.)
Hi have you heard anything on the Road Tax, I feel the same having just paid mine which has gone up £30 to £320, and my son pays alot less for his T5

Back