What to fit OEM or aftermarket sliding windows.

I’ve got flush-fit @VGC Ltd windows that @VanDocConversions fitted. The only time water has come in was when the van was parked up overnight on wheel ramps at the front - I was working on the underslung tank over the course of a few days -and we had rain, which meant that the rain ran the wrong way along the inbuilt drainage channel, leaving a small (fist sized) puddle inside. Otherwise they’ve been fine, look the part, and don’t leak like the OEM windows do. They’re expensive, and the inner aperture is narrower than OEM, but I can live with that.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Well, guess what. After several weeks of having the replacement windows, they leak again. So another call to VWCV customer services and a visit to the dealer and another two sliding windows on order. Why can't they just change the design and go like the after market ones.

Is there an OEM option to fit non sliders? The only reason I wanted them is if the kids needed to blow chunks! :sick:

I believe I could have fixed, but if I've paid hard earned money for a VW with sliders, I want the same replacements for those occasions the same as you.

Mine are leaking now, 10 month old Kombi. Only the drivers side though. Leaks very bad when the car is parked nose up on the drive.

So, I've started thinking about the windows I will fit on the sliding door and opposite.

Now I think I wast to fit opening ones. However I dont really like the look of the aftermarket ones where the opening bit is set back, not flush.

So Im thinking of going the OEM route, which is what Exploria recommend. Also if to go for opening on either side or just the off side.

Anyone fitted OEM instead of aftermarket (and what sort of price would this be)? Or gone aftermarket and regretted it?

Thanks for the input.

I’ve got flush-fit @VGC Ltd windows that @VanDocConversions fitted. The only time water has come in was when the van was parked up overnight on wheel ramps at the front - I was working on the underslung tank over the course of a few days -and we had rain, which meant that the rain ran the wrong way along the inbuilt drainage channel, leaving a small (fist sized) puddle inside. Otherwise they’ve been fine, look the part, and don’t leak like the OEM windows do. They’re expensive, and the inner aperture is narrower than OEM, but I can live with that.
Oh and they cost £1356 fitted.

Back