What to fit OEM or aftermarket sliding windows.

I fitted glass from Kiravans for my conversion and I am very happy with it, it fits well and the sliders work well and don't leak, cost was around £600 for 2 sliders, both rear quarters and barn door, I think good value for money. Having said that, I do like the look of the OE glass and I think I would use it if I was doing another conversion.

I am having OE windows fitted next week i just preferred the look of them so booked the van in at exploria did not trust my self as you have to cut the inside skin as well so decided to let the experts do it. not cheap though and for me its got to be what you like the look off. and i liked the look of the VW windows.

I had aftermarket in my last T5 , my T6 has Vw sliders . I prefer the look of oe windows and i've had no leaking issues with them.

Nice hope all goes well braver then me fitting your self. i take mine in Monday can't wait 2 slider 2 dummy and rear all tinted.:)

Massive kudos to anyone doing it for the first time on their own van, I would be crapping myself making that first cut!

Bit unsure about cutting the osr panel out as I'm converting to a camper has anyone got any pics with and without this panel I'm using oe tints

iv'e gone for oe tints dummy windows both sides so don't think any pics from them will help if your cutting
But happy to upload a pic Monday once there done if you just want to see what it looks like from the out side as a dummy. if your still deciding to cut or not.

Not installing till wednesday so would be most grateful to see uncut version thankyou

Last edited:
Ok so just got back its a bit dark but took some pics any way ill take some Tomorrow if you need some more.
P1000442.JPG
P1000444.JPG Exploria did a great job fitting and happy with them

P1000443.JPG

As you say a bit dark but looking good if you could post some when it's light I'd be most grateful

Some day time pics hope they help. don't think you can tell there dummy windows with the tint. i Also prefer the look with the window on the back panel.
P1000461.JPG P1000456.JPG P1000447.JPG dP1000459.JPG

Back