Sliding windows: flush fit or "normal".

Dalesrunner

VIP Member
Hi

I was just wondering if someone can tell me the pros and cons of sliding windows being flush or not. Is it just aesthetics or does one type leak less than another. We aren't bothered about being in stealth mode :) ?

TIA
Claire

Flush looks better from the outside.

VW flush windows notoriously leak.

Campervanglass.co.uk flush windows are supposed to be not leaky.

Non-flush windows leak much less, and have more see-through area, but don’t look as cool from the outside.

You will have your own requirements, and in my camper I went for non-opening windows. I have aircon when driving, and there is no shortage of ventilation with the roof up when stopped.

Flush looks better from the outside.

VW flush windows notoriously leak.

Campervanglass.co.uk flush windows are supposed to be not leaky.

Non-flush windows leak much less, and have more see-through area, but don’t look as cool from the outside.

You will have your own requirements, and in my camper I went for non-opening windows. I have aircon when driving, and there is no shortage of ventilation with the roof up when stopped.
Thank you! Really useful! :)

Thanks - I'm looking to replace a fixed window with an opening one and just wanted to know how it fits, any issues with the mechanism for opening since you've had it, and most importantly leaking when it rains

Thanks - I'm looking to replace a fixed window with an opening one and just wanted to know how it fits, any issues with the mechanism for opening since you've had it, and most importantly leaking when it rains
The fitting I’m not sure about as a company done it for me, no issues opening it mechanically but can be quite tight to slide open but that could be because it’s pretty new and I’ve not opened it that much. And no leaks at all and it’s seen really heavy downpours and a few jet washes. Hope that helps.

Back