Wash & Wax Time . . . . . . But Which One And How?

I'm selling our T5 soon. Any tips for refreshing the paintwork to make potential buyers swoon before I go looking in Google/YouTube Land? (I'll be honest I never was one for washing and waxing every week)

show and shine.. i use turtle wash and wax...........then
Bilt Hamber BHDSW250 Double Speed-Wax 250m
on alloys and stainless sidebars
water just glides from surfaces

after spending £90 earlier this year getting a local company to valet our campervan ( outside only), I have decided I would like to do it myself. I have to be honest and say I have never waxed a car/van before, what is the best procedure to get a nice and shiny looking campervan ? and what are the products to use ?

The finish you get is not from the final product you apply, but the preparation work you put in prior to that.

I'm guessing your van is white, so you can get away with a lesser degree of obsessiveness. A quick fix to give pretty good results would be to remove the tar spots and contaminants with tar remover and something like ironx. You may need to clay bar/mitt the lower sections, then 'polish' with Autoglym Super Resin or Poorboys White Diamond. Collinite 476 is a good all round wax that will bond well to both AG or PB 'polishes' and last well.

Wash the van between each prep stage using the two bucket method and when applying 'polish' and wax, don't use too much product. Work the 'polish' until it's almost disappeared, and apply thin, even layers of wax.

The finish you get is not from the final product you apply, but the preparation work you put in prior to that.

I'm guessing your van is white, so you can get away with a lesser degree of obsessiveness. A quick fix to give pretty good results would be to remove the tar spots and contaminants with tar remover and something like ironx. You may need to clay bar/mitt the lower sections, then 'polish' with Autoglym Super Resin or Poorboys White Diamond. Collinite 476 is a good all round wax that will bond well to both AG or PB 'polishes' and last well.

Wash the van between each prep stage using the two bucket method and when applying 'polish' and wax, don't use too much product. Work the 'polish' until it's almost disappeared, and apply thin, even layers of wax.
Hi
Thanks for the info , looks like a trip to halfords is needed :thumbsup:

Somebody on here recommended turtle Wax hybrid sealant hydrophobic wax. I got some from euro car parts with their bank holiday discount and it is amazing stuff. Once you've got your can detailed it's so easy to apply after washing and it gives a brilliant finish. It's so easy I've used it after each wash so far on van and 2 cars.

£90 doesn’t sound so expensive now ;)

With my basic method, you'll probably spend getting towards £90 on products, but you'll use a tiny amount of each. Then you'll have the satisfaction of having done the job yourself, undoubtedly to a much higher standard than your regular 'valeter'. Valeting companies tend to use quite harsh cleaning products and overly gooey finishing products to achieve a shiny finish in a short time in order to make any money.

Give Andy a call at cleanyourride.co.uk he supplies official samples of all the best produces so you can try before you buy the expensive full size versions, he also has all the other bits and pieces you will need like wash mits and drying towels and his service is second to non.

can you recommend

Fair amount of information on this thread but products will always be very subjective, and what one person thinks is great, another will say it's rubbish. Personally with general day to day cleaning, I don't think you can beat the Autoglym range, which works perfectly on a new vehicle, and easy to get hold of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back