Where is the weirdest place you've decided to wash and wax your van

bobnudd

T6 Pro
Just stopped at a shop, on holiday in Cornwall with all my family on board, to buy van cleaning equipment so that I could wash my T6, and did it there, at the side of the road (theA39) Aint it great to be able to do what you want and where. Live free or die, I say.

Pub car park in Scotland while on a salmon fishing trip
Waiting for Sunday lunch to arrive.
No wax coat though.

2 in the morning waiting for the ferry at Dover ( after driving from Inverness)
Gotta be shiny to start the holiday

I'm nowhere near as bad as @oldiebut goodie but as someone who doesn't wash their van much more that 4/5 times a year (and the car even less),

Last edited:
had mine 6 years and washed it 5 times mojave beige is a great colour the only reason i wash it the poptop seal gets green and manky

I'm nowhere near as bad as @oldiebut goodie but as someone who doesn't wash their van much more that 4/5 times a year (and the car even less), I find some these posts quite sad. No offence intended.
Each to their own !
I like my van to be clean , & enjoy cleaning it . Gets used as it should with 500 + mile days over a few days to get somewhere nice n sunny . Sorry if you find that sad

Each to their own !
I like my van to be clean , & enjoy cleaning it . Gets used as it should with 500 + mile days over a few days to get somewhere nice n sunny . Sorry if you find that sad
This made me realise how much I enjoy washing my van. Its not "sad" to enjoy things, is it?

Before I had the van the weirdest place one of my vehicles would have been cleaned would be my driveway as only took them once in a while to a hand wash place (pre holidays, special occasions etc). Now I do clean the van myself regularly and always before we go away as it’s nice to have a clean van to camp in.

But I hate doing it as I find more and more imperfections every time!

Well I might not have offended with my earlier post but I suspect it at least irritated one or two so I’ve edited it!

Before I had the van the weirdest place one of my vehicles would have been cleaned would be my driveway as only took them once in a while to a hand wash place (pre holidays, special occasions etc). Now I do clean the van myself regularly and always before we go away as it’s nice to have a clean van to camp in.

But I hate doing it as I find more and more imperfections every time!
I've often thought to take a bucket and sponge when going to buy cars/ vans, as you're right, every time you find some more imperfections.

Back