Warning ! Window fell out on T6 !!!!!!!!

So how do we secure them for now? I’ve been searching and can’t find another issue anywhere with it actually falling out? I use my van daily like most with kids in so slightly worried lol

Had a thorough look at it in the morning and there is no way you can see what’s happening behind it. Not taking any chance here with a 3 month old a a 3 years old sitting in the back. I’ll remove both windows and replace them with not sliding. End of the story. Not waiting on VW or any dealer to fix this.

So how do we secure them for now? I’ve been searching and can’t find another issue anywhere with it actually falling out? I use my van daily like most with kids in so slightly worried lol
Hopefully someone on the forum will come up with an idea to make them safe until a solution is found . I searched the internet for other cases and although the leaky windows is all over like a rash I can't find anything either [ not to say that it has not happened - VW UK would know though ] Like yourself my T6 [ and T4 before ] did daily school runs at one point so fully understand your concern - if this was few years ago one of my children would have been in that seat adjacent to the sliding door and does not bear thinking about . The safety aspect for families was the first thing that crossed my mind as they always have kids in the back [ although obviously anyone unlucky enough to be sitting in the rear could potentially be killed ] Hope this does not sound too dramatic but if you could have seen how that window blew in you would know what I mean and I cannot stress enough how dangerous this issue is . I was probably doing 40 mph as I had just turned right at a roundabout onto a dual carriagway - imagine at 70 mph ?

Had a thorough look at it in the morning and there is no way you can see what’s happening behind it. Not taking any chance here with a 3 month old a a 3 years old sitting in the back. I’ll remove both windows and replace them with not sliding. End of the story. Not waiting on VW or any dealer to fix this.
An extremely prudent decision Crazymind and fully understand with children of that age . These days 99% of the time it's just me and the wife in the T6 but 1 of my daughters was back from University so the wife was sitting in the back - it was only the fact that she was sat in the middle rear seat because it's easier to chat through the gap and the grace of god that she was not seriously injured or worse .

Fully agree, I’ve kicked lumps out of mine today and nothing has moved as yet plus the one that leaks the lost has a tv bolted to that side so god forbid it did ping in the tv would be a buffer. I take it a 2016 t6 isn’t covered by any warranty

Fully agree, I’ve kicked lumps out of mine today and nothing has moved as yet plus the one that leaks the lost has a tv bolted to that side so god forbid it did ping in the tv would be a buffer. I take it a 2016 t6 isn’t covered by any warranty
No J88arv but this is beyond warranty - one for the DVSA .

Another picture of the failed , corroded window slider rail from the underside . There is also a steel bar running through the centre of the unit for strength that is also badly rusted . The whole length of the slider rail looks like this .

IMG_6284.jpg

Scary reading this, glad there wasn’t any injuries mate. I had both my sliders replaced under warranty for the second time yesterday. They leaked on my T5.1 also. Worrying as I am planning on keeping this T6.
Do they replace the whole window John ? ie. the fixed glass piece + the slider window or just soley the slider window ? There's a good reason I ask this .

Last edited:
Someone I don’t know who though recently posted if going for the cost of non sliding glass, why not mask the window up and silicone all round to seal?
Thought It wasn’t a bad idea as I have had two windows replaced on same side that leaked.
The passenger side has been fine From day one?
Just don’t get it????

Someone I don’t know who though recently posted if going for the cost of non sliding glass, why not mask the window up and silicone all round to seal?
Thought It wasn’t a bad idea as I have had two windows replaced on same side that leaked.
The passenger side has been fine From day one?
Just don’t get it????
I have read that many times LW ie. sealing the slider window - the problem is that you have no idea what the state of the back slider rail is in until it fails . It only has to drop a few millimetres because of corrosion and the slider window suddenly becomes a dangerous missile . This what you are left with - a serious safety issue :mad::mad:
001.JPG

Last edited:
I have read that many times LW ie. sealing the slider window - the problem is that you have no idea what the state of the back slider rail is in until it fails . It only has to drop a few millimetres because of corrosion and the slider window suddenly becomes a dangerous missile . This what you are left with - a serious safety issue :mad::mad:
View attachment 163465
I think we all get the point now....

Back