VW closes T6.1 order book today (3/3/23) !!!! - T7 Next? or T8?

ULEZ stipulation is min Euro6 standard for diesel.

So all T6 > varients are compliant and don't pay the charge..........for now.

Untill .GOV decide to move the goal posts.

TFL run the roads in London . . . Who knows what they will come up with next.

Bus lanes, cycle lanes, pedestrian lanes, LEZ, ULEZ, Congestion charge, . . . . . .

Don't get me started on that.... This is about the end of the T6 & T6.1 and what will come next.
All the cities are cashing in on it now but London is awful. They started putting in cycle lanes when I was living there and getting from job to job was just painful

Electric vehicles just take pollution away from one area and the power stations pump into another. Until they stop burning fossil fuel for electricity then we are just being conned imo. We don’t have the infrastructure to comply with their rules
Totally agree - a slight of hand.

We have friends who are environmental evangelists, yet jet-off around the world very frequently. They claim they carbon offset (tree-planting) and didn't appreciate it when I suggested that was like saying "I'm so sorry, I've shit on your bathroom floor, but don't worry because I've polished your kitchen taps for you".

Totally agree - a slight of hand.

We have friends who are environmental evangelists, yet jet-off around the world very frequently. They claim they carbon offset (tree-planting) and didn't appreciate it when I suggested that was like saying "I'm so sorry, I've shit on your bathroom floor, but don't worry because I've polished your kitchen taps for you".
Haha, that’s a good analogy! Apparently also it takes 3 barrels of oil to produce one electric car compared to 1 barrel for ICE!

Just seen two YouTube clips with some renders of what the new Transporter may look like. Have to say it could have been a lot worse. Appear to have retained a lot of the VW styling cues, including what appear to be T6 side repeaters opposed to T6.1. Strange that there appear to be 2 differing lines to the rear quarter windows; 1 in line, and the other with a little flare.

Looks like a decent design to be fair. I dislike the asymmetric window lines (shades of Nissan Cube there :sick:) and not too keen on the rear light bar cutting in to the rear quarter panel but, other than that... :thumbsup:

The square hole in the centre for the tow hitch is very American in style and nothing like European designs.

It's just a kid in a bedroom with some fancy software messing about. Check out the other stuff on its site, it's all BS. It looks nothing like the new Transit, and lets face it, that's going to be the biggest clue to what the T whatever is going to look like.

The wet belt design is cataclysmic for the whole engine though, worst design ever in the history of engines, and entails a 7k bill, i think these are the last of the true vee dubs, is there a T7 planned?

The new T7 is basically the replacement VW Sharan/Carravelle but with no commercial under pinnings. Not a bad vehicle, but 60k and the windows still leak!

The new Transit is available to order now, and yes, it comes with the ecoblue engine, straight out of the old model.

Metal recyclers will do a roaring business with the engines and that before the front door start falling off again.

Back