Is this the T8 in Ford (dis)guise ??

Why when VW had Grand National DNA and choose to mix Donkey DNA to destroy van market
True but VW do have previous

Just looking at the press release images of ‘both’ vans. IMO externally I think the styling is much closer to the T7 multivan with the exception of the wing mirrors which do look very Ford. Though I’m sure someone like THQ and others will have more VW looking mirrors sorted sooner or later.

It’s good to see the interiors differ dramatically with the VW version being closer to the current range of VW vehicles. I suspect this will be where the prices deviate too.

The VW steering wheel looks like a face laughing at me. I can't stop seeing it.
The steering wheel is laughing its tits off because it knowns that it's one of a small list of items for which you're paying a £5k premium over the Ford. :rolleyes:

my Ford Galaxy was very similar to the VW Sharan 1.9tdi a few years ago sadly the Ford was better specced..
T6 & T6.1 will hold there value as usual imo

my Ford Galaxy was very similar to the VW Sharan 1.9tdi a few years ago sadly the Ford was better specced..
T6 & T6.1 will hold there value as usual imo
I sold my Galaxy with 200K on the clock, it cost peanuts to run and was on the original engine, clutch and DMF. It had "VW" stamps all over the engine and gearbox!

Don’t know if anyone’s seen this.

I wonder if the delays in VW getting the “same” van to market are around the VW specific parts, that mostly seeming to be the from the B pillar forward…additional non Ford tooling? Just guessing mind you.

I still find the 6 lug wheels figment strange, curious if VW go back to 5

Reactions: CAB
One thing I noticed is the back end sits high not like the t6 . This should make it sit better with weight in it and not look like it need lowering at the front.
look Forward to see one with all the usual mods .

One thing I noticed is the back end sits high not like the t6 . This should make it sit better with weight in it and not look like it need lowering at the front.
look Forward to see one with all the usual mods .
This is something else I wonder if VW will tweak, the renders it looks more level, but that is only a render

IMG20240223150337.jpg

IMG20240223150315.jpg Saw this parked locally as a batch of newly delivered workhorses and makes me think VW might have been responsible for the suspension on the Ford collaboration?
On the plus side it looks like you could run 22" swamper wheels if you wanted.

Back