Is this the T8 in Ford (dis)guise ??

BikerPa

VIP Member
T6 Guru
At the risk of duplication I will start this thread (posted this to the T6.1 order book closing thread as well.)

There is a new YT video from Ford re the 24’ Transit Custom which mentions many variations in AWD, 8speed auto, Kombis etc.

I wonder how close this is to a T8 (or whatever it is to be called) :whistle:

It’s near the end of the vid which is most interesting on the different specs & options etc after all the marketing & App/Web connected fleet marketing BS!

I'd anticipate VW putting something out soon as they won't want Ford too get to big a jump on them.....

Last edited:
I'd anticipate VW putting something out soon as they won't want Ford to get to big a jump on them.....
Makes me wonder TBH as all VW seem to be really pushing marketing wise is EVs like the ID Buzz ATM or run out ICE SUVs :rolleyes:

Oh & the fact Erwin Hymer Motorhome group have done a deal to take 6000 Crafters:oops:

Last edited:
It just looks like a Transit, by which I mean it looks too much like a Ford Transit to be anything else. Maybe they will share a floor plan and running gear, but hopefully different body shells, hopefully.

I suspect it will be much like they have done with the new Caddy/Transit Connect & Amorok/Ranger.

Wings, F&R bumper, lights, minor dash mouldings, trims etc, SW & a few drivetrains

I suspect it will be much like they have done with the new Caddy/Transit Connect & Amorok/Ranger.

Wings, F&R bumper, lights, minor dash mouldings, trims etc, SW & a few drivetrains
Or like the ill fated X-class / Navara

They need to make one that has a workable range and useful payload to be of any use to the majority of users, otherwise they will be a commercial failure.
The EV range & charge speed seem to be looking to address this mentioned in this video

I have been looking into a buzz cargo but want to see how much Ford will charge for the new custom electric.
It cannot be more than the buzz so hoping Vw will drop the buzz price.If not I will buy the Ford although it is a bit to big for what I want.If this happen how are Vw going to sell a custom t7 electric as they need to charge more than a buzz?
Just got to let it sort its self out and hope my t6 keeps going.

I guess one (the only?) advantage of having Ford build the T8 is that with the importance of the UK market to the Transit, they will make it possible to put your left foot down comfortably when you are driving.

I guess one (the only?) advantage of having Ford build the T8 is that with the importance of the UK market to the Transit, they will make it possible to put your left foot down comfortably when you are driving.
Other than badging and leaky windows, I suspect the absence of the footrest will be the key differentiator between the Transporter version and the Transit version. :rolleyes:

No foot rest on the Transit either. At least the one I have hired, 22 plate

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CAB
Compare the styling with the T7 multivan, not a million miles away. My bet from the A pillar back will stay, anything forward will be tweaked.

I’d be interested to know the stud patter, transits are 5x160 vs the transporter at 5x120

At the risk of duplication I will start this thread (posted this to the T6.1 order book closing thread as well.)

There is a new YT video from Ford re the 24’ Transit Custom which mentions many variations in AWD, 8speed auto, Kombis etc.

I wonder how close this is to a T8 (or whatever it is to be called) :whistle:

It’s near the end of the vid which is most interesting on the different specs & options etc after all the marketing & App/Web connected fleet marketing BS!
Squint hard enough, and its quite easy to see a VW badge on it.

A certain person who is senior position for Spares got a New Amrok and I quote from one of his subordinates how the engine was described," Its like 50mm rock rolling around in a tumble dryer, refine gone totally." He is now trying to get rid as he claims he struggles to hear entertainment whilst driving.

I suggested an early Guy Fawks bonfire!

Back