Looking for a T6.1 but unsure which spec?

Dave999

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so I hope I have the right place to post this :)

I've spent weeks looking for a transporter t6.1 kombi van (pref ascot grey/pure grey) with under 20k miles, I found one it registered in Feb with 23 miles on, looks to have Leighton alloys, roof bars, side bars, spoiler, 2 single seats in the front and split bench/single seat for £41k, it's a 110bhp model, manual and it's a startline

The other was a bog standard t6.1 ascot grey, highline, 22 plate, 7000 miles, 150bhp, manual, 1 seat 1 bench up front and just a bench at the back, my plan if I opted for this one was to take this van to Leighton vans and get the body kit etc (costly but looks nice done) but my questions really is

Whats your opinion on the price of these two vans?

Is the 110bhp powerful enough (heard so much different opinions on these)

Startline v highline? and is it worth opting for the highline? (think the startline had aircon)

Everytime I'm close to buying I question the above

Thankyou for your time with the help :)

what’s most important and practical for you? 2 single seats up front or your not fussed?split seats at the rear or again your not fussed? There’s loads of vans in different specs so don’t rush! For me it’s best to find the right base van as things like wheels,spoilers and stuff can be added easily after!
For me i found my ideal base van which was highline 150 with captains chairs up front then can add easy things I liked at a later date
Best of luck

what’s most important and practical for you? 2 single seats up front or your not fussed?split seats at the rear or again your not fussed? There’s loads of vans in different specs so don’t rush! For me it’s best to find the right base van as things like wheels,spoilers and stuff can be added easily after!
For me i found my ideal base van which was highline 150 with captains chairs up front then can add easy things I liked at a later date
Best of luck
Hi thankyou for the reply it's a minefield ha what's the difference between the highline and startline do u know mate? Also did you try the 110 and opted for the 150

Hi @Dave999 , welcome to the forum! Good to have another Ascot Grey enthusiast, obviously the best colour!
Knowing what I do now, I would do the 22 plate 150 highline, you don't mention the price on that one though..
Mine is an Ascot Grey 110 Startline (with Business pack) remapped to around 150. It has Aircon, essential for me. Manual with a 6 speed gear knob(!)
I spent £1200+ swapping out the nasty 1 piece bumper/grille on the Startline for a Highline front grille, bumper, dogbones and coded foglights.
Highline models usually come with ACC (adaptive cruise control), heated front windscreen, Auto lights, even powerfold mirrors. Check the spec!
My Startline was fully campervanised which was our reason for purchase.
You'll probably want/need LED Headlights, proper VW ones are best, I went with an upgrade to THQ LED's which are very good, another £800+ fitted!
Welcome to the breeding ground of the moneypit! It sounds like you have a few quid in reserve to tailor things to your needs, if it ain't right, throw money at it!

Hi @Dave999 , welcome to the forum! Good to have another Ascot Grey enthusiast, obviously the best colour!
Knowing what I do now, I would do the 22 plate 150 highline, you don't mention the price on that one though..
Mine is an Ascot Grey 110 Startline (with Business pack) remapped to around 150. It has Aircon, essential for me. Manual with a 6 speed gear knob(!)
I spent £1200+ swapping out the nasty 1 piece bumper/grille on the Startline for a Highline front grille, bumper, dogbones and coded foglights.
Highline models usually come with ACC (adaptive cruise control), heated front windscreen, Auto lights, even powerfold mirrors. Check the spec!
My Startline was fully campervanised which was our reason for purchase.
You'll probably want/need LED Headlights, proper VW ones are best, I went with an upgrade to THQ LED's which are very good, another £800+ fitted!
Welcome to the breeding ground of the moneypit! It sounds like you have a few quid in reserve to tailor things to your needs, if it ain't right, throw money at it!
Hi thanks for taking time out replying :) the highline which literally is standard in ascot grey is £37.500 the startline is £41k but has the extra kit added.

Screenshot_20240313_222951_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240315_205446_Samsung Internet.jpg

If going for a Startline, ensure it has the business pack for the air con (which is a b*****d to retro fit compared with wheels and styling add-ons).

If going for a Startline, ensure it has the business pack for the air con (which is a b*****d to retro fit compared with wheels and styling add-ons).
Thanks bav, the description is not v good so I've asked for it to have a look

Reactions: Bav
Anyone else got or had the 110bhp and it was good enough or like drive Wayne prefers or reconmends the 150?

Hi thanks for taking time out replying :) the highline which literally is standard in ascot grey is £37.500 the startline is £41k but has the extra kit added.

View attachment 233204

View attachment 233205
Dave, do you know if they are T28,T30 or T32?
Suspension is a standard upgrade for many folk, lose that arch gap a bit! The bigger wheels make a big difference visually!
You really need to get a full spec on each van to give you and us more to go on!
Looks like the Startline with the big wheels has already had the highline grille replacement therapy.
We did the NC500 in a rental 18 months ago, that was a 110 with a full camper set up, it really was gutless! Bicycles trying to overtake us going up hills!

Dave, do you know if they are T28,T30 or T32?
Suspension is a standard upgrade for many folk, lose that arch gap a bit! The bigger wheels make a big difference visually!
You really need to get a full spec on each van to give you and us more to go on!
Looks like the Startline with the big wheels has already had the highline grille replacement therapy.
We did the NC500 in a rental 18 months ago, that was a 110 with a full camper set up, it really was gutless! Bicycles trying to overtake us going up hills!

Screenshot_20240316_131134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240316_131140_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240316_131155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back