VW All-in plan?

looks good . . is for anyone, and any van?

how do you get it?

got a link.?

Important information :​

Valid for vehicles aged 3 to 6 years, with a 2.0L engine or less and under 100,000 miles at activation. Terms, eligibility criteria and exclusions apply. Subject to vehicle check. Services, MOT and any warranty repairs must be undertaken within the duration of the plan. Excludes electric vehicles. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services.
Saving based on the average 2 year cost of the Extended Warranty policies for Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles with a £0 excess where there has been no break in warranty as of June 2020. Actual saving will be dependent on your vehicle.
Price based on Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles National Service Pricing for vehicles over 3 years old
  • Images are for illustration purposes only. Vehicle shown may not reflect UK specification.

It sounds a good offer but I’m always suspicious. Will you have to change the cam belt with them at the recommended time (4years) plus any bits and bobs that goes with it such as water pump all at inflated prices? Also am I right in thinking it is one full service and one interim service but in that time you’ll need to do 2 of each? (with them)

Our van still only a year and a half old so we can’t take advantage of it but I could be tempted in the future.

Decisions decisions!

Compared to the standard plan for an extra £8 per month you get a hell of a lot more. In fact you basically get the 2 years warranty thrown in for free.

Standard Plan Price: £26 per month or £624 upfront.
This plan includes:

• 1x Interim service

• 1x Full Service

• 1x MOT
The only thing that bothers me is the labour costs for the non warranty work that they will inevitability find.
Looking at the receipts for work done for the previous owner they charged the following (prices EXC VAT!):

MARCH 2020 (looks like he had a problem with the key fob so went in for 2 days under warranty)
V7E2 998 002 WIP. BLADE = £32 (exc VAT)

MAY 2020 (Service)
Brake Disks and Pads all round = £654 (exc VAT)

Labour inc VAT was charged at £264 and parts inc VAT came to £529.

It sounds a good offer but I’m always suspicious. Will you have to change the cam belt with them at the recommended time (4years) plus any bits and bobs that goes with it such as water pump all at inflated prices?

You can decline but I'm sure if you don't then any related warranty work in the future wouldn't be carried out which sorta defeats the object.

You're not wrong. Decisions decisions indeed!

It sounds a good offer but I’m always suspicious. Will you have to change the cam belt with them at the recommended time (4years) plus any bits and bobs that goes with it such as water pump all at inflated prices? Also am I right in thinking it is one full service and one interim service but in that time you’ll need to do 2 of each? (with them)

Our van still only a year and a half old so we can’t take advantage of it but I could be tempted in the future.

Decisions decisions!
Took out a deal last year for 2 services at £382 …just had full service today and told can carry over interim service to add to new deal…but just for peace of mind it’s worth it :)

ps.. they do a health check prior to ensure eligibility but your more or less covered by the first 3 yr warranty

Last edited:
I for one will probably be up for this when my warranty runs out on 1 August but there does not seem to be any mention of how to buy it! By coincidence, I asked VW Swindon about extended warranty a couple of weeks ago and they told me that they did not sell them and that I would be automatically contacted by VW themselves nearer the time. They gave the van the first service so I asked them if I was registered me as the keeper on the VW 'system' so that VW would know who to contact but they refused to answer (data protection etc.) and said that I had to go into their office with ID and they would look (it's 50 odd miles away!). I would have thought that they had put my details in when they did the service but confirmation would be nice. The problem is that I'm the second owner after a VW dealership where it was a demonstrator but it came to me via a converter / trader. On Monday, I'll call VW themselves or maybe talk to the new(ish) service centre in Tewkesbury (or just drive up to them).

The extended warranty offered to me in Nov was £455 for 12 months so this deal looks infinitely better. I did not extend but I am seriously considering this. I might book in for the inspection and see what they say as I would also like to seek clarification over their position on the non OEM suspension and wheels in regards to the warranty. I would also like to know their position on the timing belt and water pump as I don’t plan on having it done by VW when my van is 4 years old later this year.

Wow thanks guys... useful link. My assumption is the warranty will not apply if you get the engine remapped.

@russ_e. In my case, I had planned on getting a full service done about a month before the warranty expired and I would hope that I could get the 'extended warranty inspection' carried out at the same time. That way, any issue that it flagged could be sorted by the original manufacturers 3 year warranty (he says with confidence!!).

Last edited:
Booked mine into Arthur Spriggs in Tewkesbury for a major service, MOT and 'extended warranty eligibility check' on 5 July (the original VW 3 years is up 1 August). I'll report back on Arthur Spriggs in due course as they are now the official VW van service centre for Gloucestershire. I've got to say though that the lady that I spoke to in the service department today certainly sounded like she knew what she was talking about which is more than I can say for their counterparts in Swindon who never managed to inspire confidence.

Reactions: CAB
Is there a cost attached to the eligibility check?
Mine is remapped - I'm assuming that's going to be an instant red flag on the check?

Took out a deal last year for 2 services at £382 …just had full service today and told can carry over interim service to add to new deal…but just for peace of mind it’s worth it :)

ps.. they do a health check prior to ensure eligibility but your more or less covered by the first 3 yr warranty
I took out a similar deal when I purchased my van, two services. Good news that you can combine the two offers, I may take the plunge on this.

Back