VW All-in plan?

Booked mine in for next week, see how I get on. Other than the engine and brakes none of it is standard :)

How have people got on with this? My warranty runs out next month...so potentially interested in doing this! (Only thing is, we have a cracking independent VW garage in Sheffield - Autohaus Dolby which I was looking forward to using once my warranty runs out... and this would mean using the main dealer for another 2 years (and I've not been massively impressed with them in the last few years!)

Edit…So had the eligibility check done ( picked up non standard head unit on report..so that’s excepted ) on the day after 3 warranty ran out….paid monthly over 24mths interest free….costs are spread
2 yrs roadside
2 yrs warranty
2 services
2 mots
…….2 years piece of mind

my van has got a few mods…. that are covered by there own warranty ….it’s the engine I worry about but that’s all coverd…

is it too good to be true……:)

regarding Dealers…..that is a big lottery….since buying from Manchester I’ve been using Liverpool…and am please with there service :thumbsup:

I took mine into Sheffield for the inspection to see if I qualify on 2nd June. My van is late 2017 so the warrant expired late last year.

Upon arrival they commented how good the van looks being lowered on STX and with 19inch Oneform alloys.

2 hrs later after an in-depth inspection which it passed they declared they were not sure if I qualified for the offer as it has non OEM wheels and suspension!

Whilst I strongly suspected they would exclude these from the warranty I would have thought they would have confirmed this before embarking on a 2 hr inspection.

I had a call last week advising that I did not qualify to which I said I was surprised they would not offer the warranty on all the other components as surely the suspension does not affect the DPF and ERG etc etc.

To be fair the service manager has taken this up with VW and will let me know later this week.

As mentioned above, mine is going into my local VW service centre on 5 July for a major service and extended warranty assessment - I'll report back. On the independent dealer thing, somebody who knows more than me will probably chip in but, I'm not sure that VW can legally insist that you use them for routine maintenance / servicing work - I seem to remember something about 'VAT registered companie' being a must but not necessarily the authorised agents. That said, warranty work would obviously have to be carried out by the 'official' workshop and also VW might be more a bit more sympathetic / understanding where warranty claims are concerned if you've used them all the time. Personally, I intend to get my services done by VW so long as I'm under their warranty but I'll think about any other work required on a case by case basis.

@Higgidav. That's interesting - please let us know how you get on. I raised the suspension issue elsewhere on here and the consensus was that it shouldn't impact on any VW warranty liabilities so long as the suspension mods did not impact on the rest of the van (I'm paraphrasing but you will get my drift). On that basis, I was gearing myself up for a wallet emptying visit to CRS but might have now to rethink it.........

Just booked mine in for a check at Croydon VW, they say they cant really understand why VW have offered this deal as its such good value for money but have assumed someone has run the numbers and it makes sense to do so - lets see. Thanks to @VanDamMan for sharing this.

@TrevorK. I might be wrong but I think that you are looking at a different VW extended warranty package. The one being discussed here (or at least the one that I'm looking at) which includes servicing, VW Assist and vehicle warranty is 'All In':

All-In Service Plan & Warranty | Volkswagen Vans UK

The T&Cs say:

'Maximum claim limit
The market value for your vehicle at the time of the claim inclusive of VAT.'​
and
'Claim payments
The number of claims we will pay is unlimited and the maximum value of claims in total we will pay is up to the maximum claim limit. We will not pay more than the manufacturer’s list price for parts and official labour times/costs which are necessary to repair or replace covered components.'​

When I drop my van off on Monday I will double check what the maximum single claim is...

Weirdly, about 30 seconds after posting above, an email hit my in box from VW telling me all about it:
I haven't got time at the moment to wade through the detail but it looks to be all the same stuff as I posted before.

The email also landed with me today too although VW are still yet to finally decide if they will give me the offer owing to non OEM suspension. It’s now been 2 weeks since it had the comprehensive inspection!

The email also landed with me today too although VW are still yet to finally decide if they will give me the offer owing to non OEM suspension. It’s now been 2 weeks since it had the comprehensive inspection!
@Higgidav is it worth chasing VWCV directly? I've found Sheffield VW to be a little slow at getting back to me on things, and have had better luck with VWCV directly...

is it worth chasing VWCV directly? I've found Sheffield VW to be a little slow at getting back to me on things, and have had better luck with VWCV directly...

I’ll give that a go tomorrow as I’m tired of chasing Sheffield. It’s such a shame that all the dealers I have dealt with are useless!

I'm hoping that the fact that my (newly appointed) service centre are better that the average dealer as they are just that - a service centre which doesn't sell vans! We will see on 5 July when I visit them. I will also raise the issue of suspension changes - in my case, I want to improve the ride and handling rather than any lowering.

When I questioned Sheffield on suspension they said it was the fact that it had non OEM suspension rather than whether it was lowered or not.

It seems not to matter if the suspension is far superior to the VW offering. The issue has been raised with the area manager but it does not appear to be going anywhere. As suggested above I will try VW directly tomorrow.

So far my experience is they are not interested in offering the ‘All In’ deal if your van is not factory spec apart from the head unit noted earlier in this thread.

If anyone gets the deal with modifications please post here.

Back