VWCV warranties - All-in vs Extended?

What puts me off is what’s not covered- erg valve dpf. Oil seals etc. plus the long wait to get it booked in.

They do qualify? My van is going to be 3yo in December with 40k miles but if I enter its details on Vw website no options appear offering an all in plan that includes warranty & breakdown cover. Perhaps it will appear in Dec or Jan24?

They do qualify? My van is going to be 3yo in December with 40k miles but if I enter its details on Vw website no options appear offering an all in plan that includes warranty & breakdown cover. Perhaps it will appear in Dec or Jan24?
For the All In your van has to be over 3 and under 6 years old.

Just re done mine. Be the last time as van is 5+ years old. For £333 a year get dealer servicing, mot and vw road side assist, along with some reassurance if something massive goes wrong with the engine your maybe covered, which is better than not being covered at all, for me anyhow.

Hi all,

Just been advised that there is another deal coming on the All In Plan. -20% from 18th Mar to 2nd Apr .

I've had it for the last 2 years at £26 a month, now rising to £34 a month. Main reason for taking before was extended warranty as had a few issues with the electric sliders (in today having another part replaced). To me doesn't make sense on the service side as only doing approx 7 to 8k per year. So having services annually under the plan rather than, 2 year or 20k intervals. Would be better to go back to 2 year as probably work out cheaper.

Also on the minor service they don't even change the oil just "inspection" so not really worth it. They don't even change the brake fluid as part of the major.

So as I said only real benefit I see is extended warranty (and that doesn't even cover the leaky side windows that are slowly rusting out) plus the VW assistance....

VW All In Mar 24.jpg

Cheers @Whitty I rang up financial services about this , literally last week and also asked the dealer about any forth coming deals. Not a word.
£34 is a lot better than the £43 they want currently. I've been holding out since mine expired in December. Part of me is still unsure if the extra warranty is worth the paper, having had all jobs so far refused and a poor experience with vw assist, but sod's law would mean if I don't go for it again the next problem will probably be covered and ill end up footing the bill.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just been advised that there is another deal coming on the All In Plan. -20% from 18th Mar to 2nd Apr .

I've had it for the last 2 years at £26 a month, now rising to £34 a month. Main reason for taking before was extended warranty as had a few issues with the electric sliders (in today having another part replaced). To me doesn't make sense on the service side as only doing approx 7 to 8k per year. So having services annually under the plan rather than, 2 year or 20k intervals. Would be better to go back to 2 year as probably work out cheaper.

Also on the minor service they don't even change the oil just "inspection" so not really worth it. They don't even change the brake fluid as part of the major.

So as I said only real benefit I see is extended warranty (and that doesn't even cover the leaky side windows that are slowly rusting out) plus the VW assistance....

View attachment 232791
Cheers @Whitty - you've just saved me £200 that can be will be spent elsewhere on the Bus :D

My original 3 & extended 2 year warranty ran out 29th Feb.
Happy days :thumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CAB
The conundrum on the horizon for me this year is the factory warranty ends mid summer - do I roll straight into All In so there is no break in warranty or do I wait till the hopeful Black Friday time deal that happened last year.

Added complication is I'd need to cancel the extant basic service plan - though I aim to have all the service credits used by then.

Cheers @Whitty - you've just saved me £200 that can be will be spent elsewhere on the Bus :D

My original 3 & extended 2 year warranty ran out 29th Feb.
Happy days:thumbsup:
No problem, happy to help....

Also just been told that though the warranty, VW assist and MOT are over 2 years the services have to be completed within 5 years. I was under the impression that all had to be done within 2 years (as per my current All In). Maybe that was misunderstanding on my side or not explained clearly enough.

Anyway after saying it may not be for me yesterday I'm now considering the All In. Paying £26 at present so £34 not too bad and with my low mileage should see me covered servicing for next 4 / 5 years. As mentioned I've had a number of issues with my sliders over the last 2 years that have been covered and today they confirmed they have requested to replace the infotainment under warranty as the touch screen is playing up. So worth having some security

Think this will probably be the last time I take it as van now 5 years old but at least I have security for next 2 years.

Regarding the All in time limits for service, my confirmation of cover, that I have taken out this morning clearly states end date for Servicing and MOT as 18/03/2027.
My vehicle is a week short of 6 years old perhaps this is the difference? Not an issue for me but thought i would point it out.

Regarding the All in time limits for service, my confirmation of cover, that I have taken out this morning clearly states end date for Servicing and MOT as 18/03/2027.
My vehicle is a week short of 6 years old perhaps this is the difference? Not an issue for me but thought i would point it out.
Mine (taken out 2022) said the same, three years for the servicing and MOT.

Just to confirm, offer has gone live this morning. 20% off making it £34.40 until 2nd April 2024.
Sod's law that the timings just wrong for my Tiguan. It'll be 3 on 22nd April. I've just looked at All In, and it's not available until it's 3 years old. I guess I'll get it MOT'd, then get the All In when at the end of April and use the first service soon after.

Mine is 3 years old today, I took a further 6 months extended warranty out when I bought the van ( at 6 months old) . Now wondering if I don't have any VW assistance anymore so unsure what direction to go in? Do I take out roadside assistance with an eye to an all in plan in 6 months? Any advice is very welcome as we are going into Europe in August which falls in the 6 months

Mine is 3 years old today, I took a further 6 months extended warranty out when I bought the van ( at 6 months old) . Now wondering if I don't have any VW assistance anymore so unsure what direction to go in? Do I take out roadside assistance with an eye to an all in plan in 6 months? Any advice is very welcome as we are going into Europe in August which falls in the 6 months
Call them up? They may let you start it now.

In case anyone was waiting for a discount on the all-in plan...

Hi does anyone know is the All In is transferable should I sell van in the future ?

I only ask as I don’t do a lot of miles, so unsure I'll use all the services so be good to know that the new owner would benefit.

Thanks Garry

Hi does anyone know is the All In is transferable should I sell van in the future ?

I only ask as I don’t do a lot of miles, so unsure I'll use all the services so be good to know that the new owner would benefit.

Thanks Garry
Mine transferred with the van when I brought privately. I think it lives with the vehicle not the individual

I had to send copy of V5 and driving licence as proof of ownership to VW Financial Services, took a couple of weeks

Back