VW additional service plan

Remember VW have a price match promise if the indi is close enough to the dealer so you can always try and get their price down

Interesting warranty exclusion in point 5 of the fine print. Absolving themselves of any EGR liability....

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 07.50.54.png

Interesting warranty exclusion in point 5 of the fine print. Absolving themselves of any EGR liability....

View attachment 199442
I've just had two flushes and a replacement EGR under vw warranty.

As part of the two year factory extended warranty years 4 and 5.

I've now signed up for ALl-IN for years 6 and 7.

I think that's the max VW are offering at the mo.

EGR is one of the most common warranty jobs done according to my local VWCV dealer.

And I'm booked in for a possible drive shaft knock....

And second DMF as the last one was swapped at 45k.... Now 20k miles later and just under 2years Its started rattling ..... So that's with the parts and labour 2year warranty...

Or the all in warranty....

Either way it's over £1k of work and will be covered by them.

That’s encou
I've just had two flushes and a replacement EGR under vw warranty.

As part of the two year factory extended warranty years 4 and 5.

I've now signed up for ALl-IN for years 6 and 7.

I think that's the max VW are offering at the mo.

EGR is one of the most common warranty jobs done according to my local VWCV dealer.

Personally im not a fan of deletion.

It needs a revised engine map to be effective.

It's there to help pollution and the environment.

It can help efficiency when operating correctly.

And there are inroads making it illegal to tamper with or modify a car emissions system for road use. (Ie only for track use)

IMO we need to accept that EGR and DPF systems are consumables with a finite life, part of the cost of running a vehicle.
Any device that is transporting soot and is not designed to be cleaned is going to clog.

Isn’t it supposed to burn it off though hence not designed as consumable and not supposed to clog. The design of this is the biggest VW emissions scandal in my book

The Dpf burns particulates into ash .... Which is part of the exhaust.

But the EGR valve and cooler are before that point so are susceptible to clogging up with soot.

Unfortunately it's only a flush that will clean it....when the flush fails it's time to replace it.

Though VW are making inroads and keep revising the part to work better.... Unfortunately making the EGR cooler less suseptable to clogging makes It less effective at cooling the exhaust gas and therefore less effective EGR system.

Isn’t it supposed to burn it off though hence not designed as consumable and not supposed to clog. The design of this is the biggest VW emissions scandal in my book
DPF burns soot and creates ash, nothing will remove the ash, hence it has a finite life.
EGR has no cleaning process.

I asked this question.

The simple answer was no. You can use any vat garage provided genuine parts are used and the vw procedure was followed exactly. (Including replacing sundry bolts and oddments that a 3rd party Indy might not deem necessary, which can help the indy be cheaper. But will trigger VW to reject a future related claim)

But the small print details a load of ways that VW could wiggle out of any future warranty claims if you can't 100% prove that the above happened..... So personally I went with VW for all my engine work whilst under any warranty period.

All VW work also carries a 2yr warranty.
This is unfortunately going to have be to my approach too. About £250 more for the privilege :confused:

Inspection not needed as of two months ago.

You can buy online right now.

Just a few details and your away. (They have a 30day no claim clause if there is a break in warranty)

I thought I'd read that somewhere. Cheers @Dellmassive. I'm probably maybe gonna have a punt on this. My van is a 67 plate with 66k on the clock so I'm thinking EGR at some point and the warranty is less than that alone. Do they provide a courtesy vehicle when you use a van center?

EDIT: To answer my own question.....

Van hire – £100 per day (including VAT) for a maximum of three days per Warranty claim up to a maximum limit of £300 in total (including VAT) during the contract period (subject to us having authorised a valid claim for a covered component and our prior agreement), see “Additional benefits”.
If your vehicle is in the workshop being repaired under the terms and conditions of the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Warranty, you are entitled to free van hire for up to three days to a maximum of £100 a day inclusive of VAT. Please note that your vehicle must have been at the Volkswagen Assured Van Centre for a minimum of 24 hours to qualify for this benefit and that the fuel and insurance is the responsibility of the vehicle beneficiary.

That's not much, 3 days over 2 years but I suppose for an emergency it's an option and the cost of cover is only £800 over the 2 years so I guess that's why.

Just giving them a ring about using non authorised (ie non van center) repairs. Doesn't mantion anything in the blurb about this other than getting repairs done in Continental Europe and even that's not clear.

Last edited:
Back