VWCV warranties - All-in vs Extended?

TheOldGoat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi there folks, anyone know what is the difference between all-in plan and extended waranty?

All-in plan currently £29.60 before end of August 2023.
(Unfortunately the online site will not let me purchase as I already have a service plan in place, expires 4th Sept 2023, After closing date!)

Extended waranty, all component cover, less than 10k miles per year, £0.00 excess currently £749.00 anually.

However the All-in plan offers 'Complimentary' up to two years waranty. Anyone worked out what is covered and which is best.

regards Theoldgoat.
-----------------------------------------

How much will you save with an All-In Service Plan?​

All-in - £710.40 or £29.60 per month

Without an All-in PlanWith All-In
1 x Oil and Inspection Service£216.00Included
1 x Oil and Inspection Service with Supplementary Scope£245.00Included
Pollen filter£60.00Included
Spark Plugs/diesel fuel filter£130.00Included
Air filter£55.00Included
2 x MOT tests £109.70Included
2 years’ Roadside Assistance £198.00Included
Up to 2 years’ Warranty£1,730.002Complimentary
Total cost £2,743.70£710.40 or £29.60 with 20% off (Usually £888 or £37 per month)

You could ring them and ask them to cancel early, I think I've seen a comment on another thread that someone did that to take advantage of an offer.

Worth a quick call for 20% (assuming you've used all the benefits of the old plan)

So I've found some more info.
My van is not yet 3 years old so under original waranty.

From what I can see the two waranties are the same. With the all-in package you also get 2 mot's 2 services and still get European breakdown cover.

Kind of seems too good to be true?

What’s covered?
This Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Warranty guarantees your vehicle should it require repairs following
a sudden electrical or mechanical failure of the factory fitted parts covered by the terms and conditions
of this Warranty cover, subject to the application of any no-claim period

Limitations, applies to extended warranty also I believe.

What’s not covered?
• Routine servicing (all parts replaced associated with routine servicing are excluded)
• All bodywork, paintwork, body components (Including encased aerials, gas struts, sunroof
assemblies, soft top roofs, and seat frames), glass (including heated), seals (including but not
limited to water ingress), wardrobes, cupboards and curtain rails
• Wear and perishable items as follows:
– All adjustments, timing or cleaning
– Batteries
– Bulbs and fuses
– Coolant hoses, pipes and connections
– CV boot gaiters
– Diesel particulate filters
– Exhaust systems (although catalytic converters are covered for internal failure)
– Interior and exterior trims (including fabric, curtains, upholstery and cosmetic finishers)
– Non-manufacturer’s original parts or second hand parts
– Tyres and wheels
– Un-encased drive belts
– Wiper blades and arms
– Wiring and connections (including HT leads, fibre optics and aerial co-axial cables)
– Wear and tear of brake components: brake discs, drums, brake pads and shoes
– Wear and tear of clutch components: clutch pressure plates, bearing and discs

Further to the above there is a whole host of exclusions including things like carbon build up, failures that were likely to have existed before
the waranty period and wear & tear.

Sounds like we may have similar aged vans.

I've just signed up to the basic service plan (not warranty) that's also 20% off to cover this year's service and next, which will take me to the end of original warranty.

I then plan to all-in-one.

Sounds like we may have similar aged vans.

I've just signed up to the basic service plan (not warranty) that's also 20% off to cover this year's service and next, which will take me to the end of original warranty.

I then plan to all-in-one.
I have just done the same.

So I've found some more info.
My van is not yet 3 years old so under original waranty.

From what I can see the two waranties are the same. With the all-in package you also get 2 mot's 2 services and still get European breakdown cover.

Kind of seems too good to be true?

What’s covered?
This Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Warranty guarantees your vehicle should it require repairs following
a sudden electrical or mechanical failure of the factory fitted parts covered by the terms and conditions
of this Warranty cover, subject to the application of any no-claim period

Limitations, applies to extended warranty also I believe.

What’s not covered?
• Routine servicing (all parts replaced associated with routine servicing are excluded)
• All bodywork, paintwork, body components (Including encased aerials, gas struts, sunroof
assemblies, soft top roofs, and seat frames), glass (including heated), seals (including but not
limited to water ingress), wardrobes, cupboards and curtain rails
• Wear and perishable items as follows:
– All adjustments, timing or cleaning
– Batteries
– Bulbs and fuses
– Coolant hoses, pipes and connections
– CV boot gaiters
– Diesel particulate filters
– Exhaust systems (although catalytic converters are covered for internal failure)
– Interior and exterior trims (including fabric, curtains, upholstery and cosmetic finishers)
– Non-manufacturer’s original parts or second hand parts
– Tyres and wheels
– Un-encased drive belts
– Wiper blades and arms
– Wiring and connections (including HT leads, fibre optics and aerial co-axial cables)
– Wear and tear of brake components: brake discs, drums, brake pads and shoes
– Wear and tear of clutch components: clutch pressure plates, bearing and discs

Further to the above there is a whole host of exclusions including things like carbon build up, failures that were likely to have existed before
the waranty period and wear & tear.

be aware that it doesn't cover oil leaks so when the crank shaft seal fails because it wasn't designed or manufactured properly in the first place they will likely reject any claim.

You maybe ok as my understanding is that the seal assembly was redesigned to cure issue in 2019 so you may have the newer parts given age of van. I unfortunately haven't and they won't cover cost of repair at present and I am currently challenging them. Totally wrong when they clearly know there are issues!

also be prepared to use VW Roadside assist in lieu of garage for any diagnostics/faults. good luck getting a van looked at at a VW service centre

The info I downloaded from VW doesn't seem to mention mileage.

See attached pdf

Attachments

• volkswagen-commercial-vehicles-allin-warranty-terms-and-conditions-1.pdf
    442.1 KB · Views: 9
Update on All-in warranty.
What a shambles VW are! My van was first registered Sept 4th 2020, The original warranty has now expired.

For the last 20 days or so VW have emailed me reminding me my van warranty was about to expire and invited me to purchase an extended
warranty. AFIK this is not the same as All-in service and warranty, because you wouldn't get servicing included.

I had my van serviced at Hull van centre on Aug 15th 2023. At the service desk was the offer of All-in warranty with 20% discount for the month of
August. I asked to take this up but service reception told me it couldn't be done until the 4th September. I protested that the offer would have expired and was assured they would sort it. I have not heard back from them yet.
I have tried for the last two days to purchase direct online and get an error claiming my van still has a service plan in place??

Anyone else tried to buy All-in warranty in the last week or so?

Had a similar issue. My van was due its 1st mot on the 2nd of September.
I had a plan in place with a service and an mot, phoned them up and asked could I book it in b4 the 2nd so I could take advantage of the offer b4 it ran out on the 31st August, only 2 b told that they could only fit me in on the 2nd of September ( how convenient).
Then had the cheek 2 ask me about purchasing the all in package at full price.
He did say after I had told him what I thought that there will probably be a deal on black Friday again. So fingers crossed I'll wait until then.

Okay, so I have now found out why.
Because my van has only done 15,000 miles from new I still have a "Free" service left.

I am amazed this "Free" service carries over past the first 3 year warranty period.

The only option is to cancel the free service and end the service plan. Then I can take out the All-in plan.
The major downside is I cannot get the 20% discounted rate. Now £37.00 per month as against £29.60.

I was also told the All-in does not cover DSG gearbox oil, I would have to pay for that.

Just looking to see if I take it out and if it comes on offer again I could cancel and restart at new rate.

Because my van has only done 15,000 miles from new I still have a "Free" service left.

I am amazed this "Free" service carries over past the first 3 year warranty period.

The only option is to cancel the free service and end the service plan. Then I can take out the All-in plan.
The major downside is I cannot get the 20% discounted rate. Now £37.00 per month as against £29.60.

I was also told the All-in does not cover DSG gearbox oil, I would have to pay for that.

Just looking to see if I take it out and if it comes on offer again I could cancel and restart at new rate.
wow I have done more than that since December of owning mine at (also registered in 2020 - December).

DSG oil is at 40k - not sure if it is also done as a years first thing though as well? ie 40k or 4 years.

They done me a service plan at 26 per month which included 2 services and a mot when I bought the van. It had its 1st 1 at 6500 and the 2nd 1 with mot at 11500 bonkers. My Mrs puma is 18000 or 2 yrs what ever comes 1st.

They done me a service plan at 26 per month which included 2 services and a mot when I bought the van. It had its 1st 1 at 6500 and the 2nd 1 with mot at 11500 bonkers. My Mrs puma is 18000 or 2 yrs what ever comes 1st.
Must admit I'm not too pleased about it. Had I been told on Aug 15th at service I could have cancelled then and probably got the discount rate.

Mine might be more because it's a 4 motion and haldex oil is included I believe.

Are these all in plans which include warranty still available?
All I can find is service plans which do not include warranty or breakdown cover.
I spoke with a VW centre and they said these are the service plans available.

The all-in service plan is now down to £27.75 per month again for anyone who was waiting to see if discount would come round again. Presuming due to it being the month of Black Friday?

Reactions: CAB

"Spread the cost this November and receive 25% off with our Winter Sale."
All-in has been designed for vehicles that:

• Are between three and six years old at the point of activation

• Are a Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle with an engine size of 2.0L or less

• Have done under 100,000 miles at the point of activation

• Don’t have a service plan already in place
The following vehicles are not eligible for cover:

• Battery electric vehicles (BEV)

• Vehicles powered by fuel cell or liquid petroleum gas (LPG)

• Public hire/private hire vehicles

• Vehicles that have a service plan already in place

1. Eligibility criteria plus T&C's apply. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Finance.
2. Offer valid until 30/11/2023. Limited availability. T&Cs apply. Available for vehicle's up to 15 years old. Excludes Service plans already discounted and ABT e-Transporter. All-in eligibility criteria and exclusions apply. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services.
3. Saving based on differential between cost of All-in plan with national pay as you go RRP pricing for servicing, MOT and Roadside Assistance. Complimentary Warranty value is based on the average 2 year cost of Extended Warranty policies (with All Component Cover, unlimited mileage, and £0 excess) sold Jan to Sep 2022 for Volkswagen Commercial vehicles aged 3 to 6 years, with a 2.0L engine or less, and that have not been out of warranty for more than 30 days. Actual saving will be dependent on your vehicle.

Up to two years’ Warranty

Provided by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK, administered by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services

This Warranty has been designed to cover the costs of repairing or replacing the covered components that have suffered a sudden electrical or mechanical failure during the period of cover (excludes no-claim period). Further details are available in the terms and conditions

If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days ago, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty.

The All-in Warranty does not cover any vehicle already covered under any other guarantee, insurance, warranty and/or gesture of goodwill.

Are these all in plans which include warranty still available?
All I can find is service plans which do not include warranty or breakdown cover.
I spoke with a VW centre and they said these are the service plans available.
It depends on the age/mileage of your vehicle mate as to what plans they offer

I’m guessing Caravelles don’t qualify as they are not commercial vehicles? But sold via VWCV so…?

Back