VW additional service plan

CamperBadger

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just mulling over the VW additional service plan

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Does the reality match the hype?

Reactions: CAB
Thankyou. Do you have any experience of claiming under the warranty? I am naturally wary of warranty 'small print'.

I will have a read of the VW T's and C's and see what I make to it, but real life experiences from people who have signed up for this would be really useful.

Thankyou. Do you have any experience of claiming under the warranty? I am naturally wary of warranty 'small print'.

I will have a read of the VW T's and C's and see what I make to it, but real life experiences from people who have signed up for this would be really useful.
They spotted a leak from EGR pipe during MOT. Done under warranty

The main drawback being you have to deal with VW Van Centres.

I thought VW approved was the 'preferred' option meaning you could go to anywhere that's VAT registered but I guess that would need pre-approval?

I think it’s worth it for the servicing alone if you plan to use VW dealers for that.

On my first service, they reported back (well actually they didn’t report anything back, I asked and they said, no reports ever received from servicing) that the ball joint had gone. It was replaced without issue or quibble on the warranty regardless of the fact that I have aftermarket suspension and wheels, it only had about 20k on the van though so definitely shouldn’t have gone through wear and tear.

I think it’s worth it for the servicing alone if you plan to use VW dealers for that.

On my first service, they reported back (well actually they didn’t report anything back, I asked and they said, no reports ever received from servicing) that the ball joint had gone. It was replaced without issue or quibble on the warranty regardless of the fact that I have aftermarket suspension and wheels, it only had about 20k on the van though so definitely shouldn’t have gone through wear and tear.
Thankyou. All dealers have this power of discretion and it's good to hear that they helped you out.

EGR flushed (although looks suspiciously sparkly clean).

Taken in under the All-in-one, but was told done as 'Goodwill'. But would rather have the plan.

Plus breakdown assistance, MOTs, services included.

No-brainer as far as I am concerned, and I hate the phrase!! :rolleyes:

Thankyou. All dealers have this power of discretion and it's good to hear that they helped you out.
They called it through and the plan took the cost. I don’t think dealer discretion came into it, if the plan said no they would have charged

We just started it two weeks ago.... So far just the MOT has been covered by it.

But the warranty and extended warranty has covered tons of stuff.....

See here:

We just started it two weeks ago.... So far just the MOT has been covered by it.

See here:

thank you Mr Massive

See here:

A quick Q: if I take out this policy am I locked into VW for getting my cam belt/water pump changed when the time comes? or can I shop around and get it done elsewhere whilst retaining VW warranty?

A quick Q: if I take out this policy am I locked into VW for getting my cam belt/water pump changed when the time comes? or can I shop around and get it done elsewhere whilst retaining VW warranty?
I would check the small print on the warranty, manufacturers are not allowed to force you to use them to keep warranty when the vehicle is new ie the first three years (european block exemption) so think the same would apply but it will all come down to the wording i guess

I would check the small print on the warranty, manufacturers are not allowed to force you to use them to keep warranty when the vehicle is new ie the first three years (european block exemption) so think the same would apply but it will all come down to the wording i guess
good suggestion, thanks

I asked this question.

The simple answer was no. You can use any vat garage provided genuine parts are used and the vw procedure was followed exactly. (Including replacing sundry bolts and oddments that a 3rd party Indy might not deem necessary, which can help the indy be cheaper. But will trigger VW to reject a future related claim)

But the small print details a load of ways that VW could wiggle out of any future warranty claims if you can't 100% prove that the above happened..... So personally I went with VW for all my engine work whilst under any warranty period.

All VW work also carries a 2yr warranty.

Back