Victron (#TeamBlue) Advanced Systems + VRM - How We Done It -

VRM Temp Data Alarms.

getting some nice data through, now its got cold again . . .

first up was a couple of emails from Victron VRM. . . . .

Low Temp - this is from the RUUVI Bluetooth Temp/Pressure sensor,

temp alarm was set at 5C and restore at 8C.

1648972987666.png

and this one from the battery temp probe connected to the battery post and wired to the SMART SHUNT.

++++

both the above units connected to the CERBO atm..

1648973148704.png

+++

logging on we can see the active alarms . . and temp data from the two sensors . .

1648973192092.png

and the alarm details:

1648973226808.png1648973236153.png

+++++

im liking that . . .

desktop VRM shows the same . .

1648973364308.png

1648973391119.png

1648973521214.png

1648973853910.png

1648973874856.png

Last edited:
Crikey! Victron's product range is really frustrating!

I love @Dellmassive's Ruuvi temp sensors, but my understanding is that these Bluetooth sensors can only be used to control charging according switching "relay 1" in the event of an "Alarm" on the GX gateway?

This would mean that the sensors are still useful. For example- The alarm can then be set to be triggered and then the relay can be set to the high pin in the DC-DC charger.

Great! Job done? (in terms of a single temp trigger for non VE-Direct kit.)

BUT has @Dellmassive's testing established if MPPT controllers are automatically controlled using the GX device when using these Ruuvi sensors? IE- Does DVCC operate correctly with these sensors?

This would allow below settings to work properly:

1654464534797.png

Why Victron can't make their kit work uniformly with ALL of their battery monitors detecting their own sensors, with ALL Bluetooth kit just working across VE-Direct beats me!

Check me out!
I'm feeling smug!
066E9EB8-4FD4-492F-9389-9C5382CF69DF.png
No more tripping 10A supplies for me! If I exceed the 10A the Multi will boost the difference! Yet to see this in action!

@Samro very nice.

You'll have to do us s schematic at some point.

I can see a slight marine influence there.....?

What you using for the battery bank?

Lovely. Love the multiplus.

Job done proper.

@Rids has one too.... He's just upgrading him stuff too.

BTW- Some massive tosspot designed the terminals for that battery!
What was your beef with the Roamer battery terminals?

I'll pass any feedback back to them.

They've changed them on later models, but I needed 90 degree 50mm x M8 terminals to make them work. (Which was expected, but these are not that common.)

My main beef is the terminal studs which are simply not long enough. There is insufficient room to make more than one terminal and use the factory supplied insulation, which is a problem if you need to make a Victron temp sensor to the neg terminal!
(These temp terminals are only available as a "straight terminal", so you need to modify the very brittle insulation caps that can with the Roamer.)
Then there is the fact that even with one 90 degree terminal being fitted, the brittle insulation still needs trimming and are just generally a royal faff to fit!

You got a twin slider then,?
Yes. I am waiting on the converter to work their magic but I missed the build slot and then had an issue with my health, so had a bit of a palaver!
I think it is going to be cool when it's finished, but there is a lot of "making good" to do and the converters seem a bit busy to give my van the attention that it needs.
Hoping that they get lots more done in the next two weeks, but not holding my breath!

Ah so that’s what you do with a twin slider conversion… really neat install.
Thanks.

After fitting a fair amount of kit under the seats of my "work van", I decided that it is actually going to be a royal pain in the arse when the time comes to swap out (or add to) any kit that is buried in such an inaccessible spot!

I cringe when I think about fault finding in this lot:
3CCCB30B-A5D2-4E9C-83FA-896DDAD853E9.jpeg

I am chuffed with what I've done so far on the "twin slider camper" and hope that it won't be considered an odd ball!
The converters will hopefully have dealt with enough of their works to allow me to visit again on 30th June. Can't wait!

They've changed them on later models, but I needed 90 degree 50mm x M8 terminals to make them work. (Which was expected, but these are not that common.)

My main beef is the terminal studs which are simply not long enough. There is insufficient room to make more than one terminal and use the factory supplied insulation, which is a problem if you need to make a Victron temp sensor to the neg terminal!
(These temp terminals are only available as a "straight terminal", so you need to modify the very brittle insulation caps that can with the Roamer.)
Then there is the fact that even with one 90 degree terminal being fitted, the brittle insulation still needs trimming and are just generally a royal faff to fit!
This is what I ended up doing in those terminals…
8E3EB211-532A-4490-A84C-157269B9D963.jpeg

B89E3439-811A-4B26-8D48-40352D967182.jpegAs you can see it’s all packed into the two single seat bases… yeah it’ll be a mission to replace anything!

Back