V5 Documentation - DVLA Rule Change for Motor Caravan Reregistration June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't yet changed mines over but beginning to think it's pointless even trying lol, out of curiosity ,all the guys and girls that's been rejected ,were is your hookup and water tap located? as am thinking if it's on the quarter panel like the ocean then it's definitely an external change

I haven't yet changed mines over but beginning to think it's pointless even trying lol, out of curiosity ,all the guys and girls that's been rejected ,were is your hookup and water tap located? as am thinking if it's on the quarter panel like the ocean then it's definitely an external change
Hookup is under the bonnet
Water container is in rear cupboard

Hookup is under the bonnet
Water container is in rear cupboard
Similar to mine as there hidden , be good to know if all the rejected ones are the same as ours and the ones that are being accepted are like the ocean in plane site

Another aspect of this is the speed limit on single carriageways for vehicles over the V5 kerb weight and with windows and seats. I have not done my conversion yet but if I can’t get my 4Motion LWB V5 changed to Motorcaravan I will remain restricted to 50mph.
Not a problem normally but if you live where I do you have the average speed cameras on the A9 watching every drive south.
Hope some common sense prevails but am not expecting it to, country is going to dogs faster and faster, place will be like North Korea soon only with a blonde dude

Another aspect of this is the speed limit on single carriageways for vehicles over the V5 kerb weight and with windows and seats. I have not done my conversion yet but if I can’t get my 4Motion LWB V5 changed to Motorcaravan I will remain restricted to 50mph.
Not a problem normally but if you live where I do you have the average speed cameras on the A9 watching every drive south.
Hope some common sense prevails but am not expecting it to, country is going to dogs faster and faster, place will be like North Korea soon only with a blonde dude
Just pictured mad Kim with blonde hair lol, I understand yer point on the A9 especially if you don't have cruise control and yer following a car and not on the ball

Would this example meet their criteria?

39A309BD-CAD9-421B-A879-CC51AA271B63.jpeg

If so, then photoshop a nice high top to tick their box.

I'm sure the pencil pushers that are making it up as they go along will just say it's now a High Top van with side windows :)

Hi, a little help required re the V5. I have recently received my V5 from the DVLA for my T6 which was converted to a campervan by a local company. He sent the docs off with photos etc as per changes to the use etc of the vehicle and the returned V5 in my name just states the Van as a VAN/SIDE WINDOWS?
I spoke to a guy at DVLA and he said because there is no significant changes to the outside of the van then that's why its not been amended to Campervan???
Does your V5 for a conversion state CAMPERVAN. The guy/ firm who converted the van has said this hasn't happened before so it seems I will now have to try and resubmit details to get the body type changed to Campervan. Suggestions please.
Bri
Maybe he didn’t send photos of the bed in position and then the bed in the seat position showing table in it’s fixed position. I’m waiting for my V5 to be returned but I did it all myself and took more photos than they probably require - just so they can’t bounce anything back...

It appears it’s all about external identification for the DVLA pen pushers.
Does it look like a camper or a van with windows? Forget about the inside unless it satisfies the external criteria.

Until this is resolved, it maybe worth PV’s amending the V5 to multi purpose with additional seating to cover speed and insurance issues?

It appears it’s all about external identification for the DVLA pen pushers.
Does it look like a camper or a van with windows? Forget about the inside unless it satisfies the external criteria.

Until this is resolved, it maybe worth PV’s amending the V5 to multi purpose with additional seating to cover speed and insurance issues?
Would be great if a conversion company could make an attempt to have one of there campervans that has the v5 classed as one ,make an attempt to change it back to pannel van but don't touch the interior or exterior and see if DVLA sends a rejected letter , worth a shot mibi :thumbsdown:

One thing that recently came to mind was the fact the DVLA are saying its for Police / Emergency services ID.
If thats the case, which I doubt, they are letting loose thousands of vehicles on the road which are potentialy carring a Gas bottle!!!!
Yes the locker has to have a GAS sign on but on most VW Transporters, this will be Internal and no signs outside the vehicle. Now if the vehicle is classed as a Motorhome, any emergency service personel worth there salt, especially Fire and Police, would have an inkling that the vehicle would potentialy be carring a gas bottle. I forgot to add that when I made a complaint to DVLA!!!!

Honestly if it was me now I'd get on ebay and find an old knackered roof vent/light, satellite dome and just rest on the roof for the photos. Add temp graphics with the words campervan down the sides. Gas warning stickers on the back. Water/EHU external fittings stuck on the side and see what comes back. Seems a crazy situation atm :(

Will check back in few days and if its still there will support :thumbsup:

We’re checking this petition
5 people have already supported Darren Hamblett’s petition.

We need to check it meets the petition standards before we publish it.

Please try again in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back