V5 Documentation - DVLA Rule Change for Motor Caravan Reregistration June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done but it will need an awful lot of signatures before they even consider it.
One can but try.
100K will get a question in the commons, so you have all summer recess to get the numbers

Signed in the hope that it works.

We are getting our conversion in September. Done by a professional converter but he isn't a big company.
Technically, we will fulfil all the qualifications but then it looks like other people who have been refused has as well.
:(

What are the benefits of having in registered as a motor caravan ?

What are the benefits of having in registered as a motor caravan ?

U can do 70mph on duel carriageway instead of 60.
60 on a road instead of 50.
I think it also makes ur insurance cheaper.
Well it did mine.

Orrrrrr maybe it’s the DVLA , they drive vans and want to stop vans pretending to be motor caravans waving at each other. It’s political madness gone wrong I tell ya. :geek:

U can do 70mph on duel carriageway instead of 60.
60 on a road instead of 50.
I think it also makes ur insurance cheaper.
Well it did mine.

Orrrrrr maybe it’s the DVLA , they drive vans and want to stop vans pretending to be motor caravans waving at each other. It’s political madness gone wrong I tell ya. :geek:
70mph with a pop top, you’d want to make sure that was secure :eek:

Also done.
Clarification on advantages of speed limits for motor caravans. If you have a Kombi or passenger van and are below the required weight limit you can do the higher speeds.
Heavy variants like my LWB T32 4Motion are restricted until I can get it changed to a motor caravan where upon the installation of an additional few hundred extra kilograms I can drive faster :rolleyes:. how stupid is that?

Also done.
Clarification on advantages of speed limits for motor caravans. If you have a Kombi or passenger van and are below the required weight limit you can do the higher speeds.
Heavy variants like my LWB T32 4Motion are restricted until I can get it changed to a motor caravan where upon the installation of an additional few hundred extra kilograms I can drive faster :rolleyes:. how stupid is that?

Sorry, I am a bit thick. So my VW Transporter Kombi T30 can go the normal speeds or is restricted??
:unsure:

Also done.
I would check on that!! Kombi is still classed as N1 and lower speed limits seem to apply according to traffic police. (they of course may be wrong but !!!)

Also done.
Not a great argument to make, sounds like someone at DVLA agrees with you and could be the reason they’re putting a stop to it.

Does any one know if others converting older t5, t4, transits and Vitos or the larger sprinter type vans have experienced the same issues?

what are the speed limits for a factory built kombi as I'm not 100% sure , had this conversation in work today.
It's a commercial vehicle derived car

Lots more info here, not setting myself up as a lawyer but my understanding is that it does depend on your V5 class and unladen weight and as such is a problem for T32 LWB and definitely if you are also 4Motion.

Forum search for Speed limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back