Good info and much appreciated!

One more question (sorry). On the vent on the drivers footwell is that the cold air or the hot air duct? Not sure if I should be bringing the heat into the front or into the back vent (I know what one is what on the actual unit)

Is that the gas line running up beside the filler in the corrugated tubing?
I was thinking of doing something like this to the panel below the diesel & Adblue filler flap but I never thought about the bits under the rear lights... brilliant!
It’s the gas line to the BBQ point which is mounted (hidden) under the NSR just forward of the rear bumper.

So the filler pipe to the tank goes down behind that panel and can't be seen in that picture?
Just trying to work out if I can do something similar, might put a small fuel tank for the night heater under the van as well, so will need a separate filler cap for it (so I can use kerosene/red diesel) might put that on the other side.

@Salty Spuds Is there a manufacturer name on those hinges, I can't see anything like them in a google image search. They look like Inset hinges but a make would go some way to replicating that setup.
Might be Hafele?

Thinking of going this route for onboard gas hob and bbq point - already have a diesel heater. Will use place in Ringwood as I’m local. Anyone had any issues taking van on channel tunnel? On their website it says fixed canisters need to be at 80% full or less. Do you get a gauge inside the van to show you the level of gas you have?

The Gaslow and other proprietary cylinders cut off the fill at 80%, I don't think you can top them up further as the gubbins on the tank prevents it.

The Gaslow and other proprietary cylinders cut off the fill at 80%, I don't think you can top them up further as the gubbins on the tank prevents it.
^^^^^^^
Wot he said. Also there is a contents gauge on the gaslow cylinders.

As an aside, I’ve just topped my 6kg tank up as we’re heading into the Alps. I’ve used £3 quids worth since last August. This includes various weekends away using the Gas bbq, New Year in Scotland (7 days) & a trip down the length of France.

Anyone had any issues taking van on channel tunnel? On their website it says fixed canisters need to be at 80% full or less. Do you get a gauge inside the van to show you the level of gas you have?
I’m interested in this too. No current plans to use the Shuttle, but if we did our gas gauge shows ‘full’ most of the time, then drops relatively quickly. I understand this is a common characteristic. And as noted above even at ‘full’, it still leaves expansion space.
Does one need an almost empty tank to pass any safety check, or do they know the situation and accept that the system can’t be filled to theoretical capacity? Or does one just take the Ferry instead?

Long shot, but has anyone seen what the arrangement is behind this area here? (circled in red)
Here.jpg
It appears to be double skinned but I'm finding it difficult to tell. Looking to put a filler like this
Filler.jpg
on either side for a diesel tank for heater and water tank for , well, water to go underneath the van, and hiding the filler caps in these spots on either side looks like the best place so I don't have to cut the outer visible bodywork.
I might have to put a small (4") access hatch in the inside skin to be able to work the filler hose down to where it can exit underneath.

Back