The underslung gas tank and the under the body Propex heater is the way I'm going, current price from Propex Ringwood for a 15ltr tank and their HS2000 2kw heater is £1375 fitted inclusive of BBQ point and all controls (loving the idea of simply turning on a swith to turn the gas on instead of getting on my knees to turn the bottle on or off.
For me, iot's not worth the faffing about doing it myself :)

.. I run a fridge, oven, hob, propex night heater and cadac on a BBQ point. ..

I take it the gas fridge needs an exhaust hole cutting in to the side of the van? Or are there workarounds for this that negate the flue having to go straight out through the bodywork?

I take it the gas fridge needs an exhaust hole cutting in to the side of the van? Or are there workarounds for this that negate the flue having to go straight out through the bodywork?
From what i have investigated atm, I think there is a water drain point in the fixed door panel which could house the waste etc

This is where my water tank fill and drain point run through

The underslung gas tank and the under the body Propex heater is the way I'm going, current price from Propex Ringwood for a 15ltr tank and their HS2000 2kw heater is £1375 fitted inclusive of BBQ point and all controls (loving the idea of simply turning on a swith to turn the gas on instead of getting on my knees to turn the bottle on or off.
For me, iot's not worth the faffing about doing it myself :)
Don’t think you’ll regret that decision @Dale. A few hours work for them, all pressure tested before they sign it off and give you the van back.

From what i have investigated atm, I think there is a water drain point in the fixed door panel which could house the waste etc

This is where my water tank fill and drain point run through

If a flue can run through the floor then that’ll be brilliant, as it’ll mean I can look at a gas-powered refrigerator to save on the electric when off-grid.
I take it the flue would have to be powered to aid extraction? I’m sure some of the gas-fitters amongst us could clarify that point.

That looks neat - have you got the smaller (Campingaz 907 sized) bottle in a locker the other side of the filler or an underslung tank?
I have a 6kg cylinder in a locker in the rear corner. We couldn’t have an underslung tank due to the 4motion.

I have a 6kg cylinder in a locker in the rear corner. We couldn’t have an underslung tank due to the 4motion.
That’s the slightly bigger bottle I think. I looked at Gaslow a while ago but limited to smallest bottle and didn’t want a visible filler - having now seen your filler solution I may revisit!!

Yeah, a 907 is around 3kg, mine is 6kg, costs £5 to fill it from the LPG pump. A 907 is around £20 iirc The Gaslow kit costs around £200, so soon pays for itself. The beauty of a refillable system is you never run out, just keep topping it up when you diesel up.

Was the filler setup a standard offering or something bespoke you’ve done?

The actual filler is bog standard & supplied with the kit. The mounting, flap & fitting was done by Johnny at Dirty Weekender, top bloke.

Need a little help guys if possible. I have now fitted my LPG tank at the rear of the van (usual spot just in front of the spare wheel). I have also fitted the heater to the underside using a custom bracket (finished this today). I was planning on fitting the pigtail and regulator into position today and cant work out where the best place for it is. Worried about the proximity to the exhaust as the pigtail passes it.

Could someone kindly post a photo showing that area so that I can see where the regulator lives?

Thanks in advance

(Posted this in the HS200 thread too so apologies if you are reading it twice)

I'll post a pic when it's dry :)

My pigtail comes out and loops tightly back on itself into the regulator which is above the tank screwed into the chassis with self tapping screws. The regulator is literally above the tank in the center. Propex fitted it.

My pigtail comes out and loops tightly back on itself into the regulator which is above the tank screwed into the chassis with self tapping screws. The regulator is literally above the tank in the center. Propex fitted it.
Thanks Snoop. That makes sense. Ill head back out and see if I can do it that way. A photo will still be handy though as the gas pipe will still need to pass across to the drivers side of the van and pass the exhaust at one point or other.

This is my filler for our Gaslow system
Is that the gas line running up beside the filler in the corrugated tubing?
I was thinking of doing something like this to the panel below the diesel & Adblue filler flap but I never thought about the bits under the rear lights... brilliant!

Thanks again snoop, i have now fitted my regulator to the underside of the floor above the tank almost. The final piece of the jigsaw is the route the gas pipe should take from the regulator to the drivers side of the van past the exhaust.

Propex fitted a shield were the 8mm coated copper pipe passes the exhaust to the drivers side. It comes out of the regulator to a T connection. One goes to the BBQ point which is next to the filler. The other goes back across the van to where the heater is (and feeds the cooker) there is a stop tap where the copper enters the van for the cooker.

I'll get it up on ramps tomorrow as is I need to respray it anyway. So I'll take a few pictures

Back