THQ flush-fit sliding windows

Because of the delay i finished my build with no windows and have realised i am happier without them from a security point of view and the added bonus of....
No cost of windows, no cost of Van shades, and no labour costs.

Now that they've been out a while, has anyone experienced any issues with the THQ Camperglass flush sliding windows?

I think @Rioja John was lucky enough to get some when they were 1st launched and he hasn't reported any.
But alot of us us including myself have been waiting over a yr and half for them to come back in stock and that was only 2 wks ago.
So not aware of any issues.

I’ve seen Transporter HQ have produced new sliding windows that don’t leaks . Are these flush ? I’m looking to get my fixed windows replaced , and a converter has told me the flush windows leak?

Im Confused , as I thought the new flush ones didn’t.

The £200 sliders are flush. Fitted one a few weeks ago and no leaks when it rained. Followed their advice in the fitting video by using less sealant at the bottom so the drainage channel doesn't get blocked.
Maybe the converter is talking about the old version?

The £200 sliders are flush. Fitted one a few weeks ago and no leaks when it rained. Followed their advice in the fitting video by using less sealant at the bottom so the drainage channel doesn't get blocked.
Maybe the converter is talking about the old version?
Yeah my thoughts exactly.
The older non flush windows, do they leak?

Pretty confident your converter would have been talking about the factory flush windows..
I had mine swapped last week. Factory Kombi so 2x THQ flush sliding windows installed. I bottled doing it myself so I hope the installer used less sealant at the bottom, didn’t know that was a thing! He said camper glass are by far best windows but I’m not convinced he’d seen their flush ones :laugh:.

So far, after a week of sunshine, no leaks! Only very very small complaint is it does make the window appear small on the inside but I’ve got vanshades anyway so doesn’t make much difference.

IMG_8321.jpeg

Pretty confident your converter would have been talking about the factory flush windows..
I had mine swapped last week. Factory Kombi so 2x THQ flush sliding windows installed. I bottled doing it myself so I hope the installer used less sealant at the bottom, didn’t know that was a thing! He said camper glass are by far best windows but I’m not convinced he’d seen their flush ones :laugh:.

So far, after a week of sunshine, no leaks! Only very very small complaint is it does make the window appear small on the inside but I’ve got vanshades anyway so doesn’t make much difference.

View attachment 200270
So are all flush sliding windows on the THQ website the new version? I’m guessing so.
When you say use less sealant at the bottom what do the instructions say? Leave gaps in the sealant?

It’s not awful, just smaller.. I was very close to getting fixed windows but I took pity on any future rear passengers and wanted it to still look like a Kombi.. hopefully I don’t end up regretting my decision :notworthy:

Has it made the van much darker? Im thinking of these but its pretty dark inside already. I might then have to end up putting a rear window in.

As above pics from inside would be helpful.

Has it made the van much darker? Im thinking of these but its pretty dark inside already. I might then have to end up putting a rear window in.

As above pics from inside would be helpful.
I’m not really sure as the vanshades were in the van when I bought it and they cover quite a bit anyway.. I think if you have the windows exposed you’d notice quite a difference.

I’m not really sure as the vanshades were in the van when I bought it and they cover quite a bit anyway.. I think if you have the windows exposed you’d notice quite a difference.
Thanks. If using vanshades I guess there isnt much in it.

Looking at your pic it seems the vanshades has a double layer, are they all like that. Could I be a pain and ask which vanshades os fitted to the slider (and a pic if possible please)?

Yea there’s a double layer for the blind to drop down in. Not sure if they’re still like this though because these are the originals and I’m fairly sure they’ve redesigned them… :confused:

Not really sure what you’re asking with the ‘which vanshades’ but I’ve added some more photos anyway :laugh:

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_8463.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

Yea there’s a double layer for the blind to drop down in. Not sure if they’re still like this though because these are the originals and I’m fairly sure they’ve redesigned them… :confused:

Not really sure what you’re asking with the ‘which vanshades’ but I’ve added some more photos anyway :laugh:

View attachment 200569

View attachment 200570

View attachment 200571
Thanks again. Sorry I can see my question wasnt too clear.

As far as I can work out on the vanshades website there are 2 pod designs. 1 is completely flat and one has a step in it.
I was trying to work out if the flat one will work with the THQ sllider.

Stepped:
Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 20.26.10.pngScreenshot 2023-05-28 at 20.23.59.png

Flat:

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 20.25.41.png

Ah I see! Can’t help much with that then I’m afraid.. Looking at those photos though it looks like they’ve brought the back bit forward rather than pushing the blind back, to make the flat ones, if that makes sense? So it would probably be fine..

Back