I have a set of b14s sat in the garage there being fitted on my new Kombi when it comes,,in a few months.
bought the b14s in jan 18,
I’m hoping I’m not going to have any problems but after reading this thread I’m thinking the b14s might need new rear top damper bushes ???? and the led headlights might need resetting too????
..it’s not sounding good up to now I can fit coil overs no problem,but I’m not going to find out if the rear shocks will fit until it’s on axle stands z
also I’m rubbish on computers so sounds like the headlights are going to be out of plonk????
Can someone tell me differently

HONESTLY, don't worry about it, my headlights are fine, i dont notice them anymore, it was my own fault!!! all will be fine, i just made a few errors as a first time fitting them.... only thing id say about mine are theyre a little loud over bumps, like cats-eyes, they seem to make a thud!! which is odd... wonder if anyone else has this noise.

HONESTLY, don't worry about it, my headlights are fine, i dont notice them anymore, it was my own fault!!! all will be fine, i just made a few errors as a first time fitting them.... only thing id say about mine are theyre a little loud over bumps, like cats-eyes, they seem to make a thud!! which is odd... wonder if anyone else has this noise.
These were fitted to my California and absolutely no bangs bumps thuds what so ever...
it drove stunning ,sold the Cali now ....I’m looking forward to the Kombi (bit more versatile for what we need. hopefully this will drive as well with no headlight issues.:(
Cheers callakn you're vans looking sweet ....
if it’s banging I’d suspect either these bushes that were mentioned in an earlier post????
Or did you fit the plastic plate that’s supplied with the b14s so there’s no metal on metal on the rear?

Going to keep the suspension problem separate to this thread!! Took loads of photos for you mechanics to inspect.. but for now, I just LOVEEEEE my interior lights!!!!

5D18D674-A0E7-4337-B2E7-F0E3981F16D7.jpeg
464B1505-D6F8-4E0F-BA14-12F3714CBF92.jpeg
18B7BF27-11DB-4D85-B88D-3F0A7FC85421.jpeg

Okay, so new wheels have been on for 2 weeks now... think I need to raise the van a little, fronts touch the inner arch on bumpy roads .... or cornering too hard... BUT I think they look immense, and the ride is actually nicer than the Devonports!!! More rubber width ways equals softer cushions and less tiny bangs when I hit rough tarmac with holes in it !!

Had them ceramic coated then fitted with good year eagle f1s 265/40/20.

Now I feel bad for not buying of @BognorMotors especially with all his help, but when a certain website dropped a big boll**k and I managed to wangle a promo code that i received through the post into the basket at checkout, I saved myself a sum of money! Which they had to pay for, because vossen don’t allow discount on their wheels!!

But yeah, shout out to oli for his help, and GO BUY YOUR WHEELS OFF OF HIM!!!

F22BCD14-9665-4500-8DE4-C8E382B711DA.jpeg
4E1FCE4E-A19B-4B94-8E8A-FB58A69FDBD7.jpeg
250F775D-2BC2-4D16-AAAA-DC0A12BEBEDB.jpeg
AD59B0D8-7C71-41D7-A798-3E570AEB18C4.jpeg
AAC260BA-A913-4CA7-B35C-C92B998D2906.jpeg
FE6DC399-7848-4DAD-8026-94624F851E9F.jpeg

Much better mate.
After you drove mine, then back to yours, the feel should of been so obvious anyway. More planted, stable and as everyone else says, more 'car like'
Your standard T6 felt unsteady, and not confidence inspiring at all, which shocked me.

I know you've not uprated you ARBs yet, and maybe in the future, but the finished van looks a million dollars mate, and knowing you as a young chap, working his nuts off to pay for all this, i'm chuffed for you :thumbsup:

Much better mate.
After you drove mine, then back to yours, the feel should of been so obvious anyway. More planted, stable and as everyone else says, more 'car like'
Your standard T6 felt unsteady, and not confidence inspiring at all, which shocked me.

I know you've not uprated you ARBs yet, and maybe in the future, but the finished van looks a million dollars mate, and knowing you as a young chap, working his nuts off to pay for all this, i'm chuffed for you :thumbsup:

Cheers boss, thanks for the kind words!!! ARBS are a must for sure! If only I could adjust the dampening on the front shocks!!!

Need to focus my attention to the camper side of it next, electrics, and further sound deadening the cab and swivel seat! We shall wait patiently for the funds.

Okay, so tonight I managed to finish off the insulation, and I’ve decided to fit the ply panels, against what the local converter said! (Saying they’d warp in the heat)

Firstly, I am really happy with how quite it is! Only for it to become quieter once carpted! Spot on!!!

And I also fit the ikea bed!! Taken both bars off as it seemed a bloody tight squeeze with just one bar off!

View attachment 31662
View attachment 31663
View attachment 31664
View attachment 31665

Did the bed fit in between the arches when you had the plastic wheel arch protectors on? I have them but not sure if the bed will fit with them on?

Van looks stunning, having had several black cars in the past I can appreciate how difficult they are to keep looking good.

Did the bed fit in between the arches when you had the plastic wheel arch protectors on? I have them but not sure if the bed will fit with them on?

Not sure if I ever tried it, but I’m sure it would. Mine only fit after I had taken both bottom cross bars off...

Not sure if I ever tried it, but I’m sure it would. Mine only fit after I had taken both bottom cross bars off...

I’m going to be a pain in the butt and ask if you can please measure arch to arch and see what you have I think I’m 124cm

After
I’m going to be a pain in the butt and ask if you can please measure arch to arch and see what you have I think I’m 124cm

Sorry dude not yet done this... what are you worried about? The bed will fit, with or without. It’s very flexible but sturdy...

Nice easy job of fitting the swivel seat today. Shame how much it seems to rock when sat in it, not sure what misses will day! But I suppose it’s £150 not £500 , so I’m not exactly going to complain!

7D1CD1FD-4E71-4BAF-B562-AA9CDF26615C.jpeg

Nice easy job of fitting the swivel seat today. Shame how much it seems to rock when sat in it, not sure what misses will day! But I suppose it’s £150 not £500 , so I’m not exactly going to complain!

View attachment 43153
Hi
Mine seems solid (sports Kraft)
Didn’t tell my mrs I’d fitted it
But she soon noticed when her feet couldn’t touch the floor !
Ha

Yes I’ve noticed how raised it is! But it’s not too much of an issue. Just need to try and do something with the rear plastic cover....

Happily enjoying our VW... plenty of waves, even found a bloke staring at the wheels and into the windows today in a carpark in Cornwall!

Still have electrics to do with @travelvolts and heater , but that’s a winter project!

21745818-85B1-418B-8223-D12D6DB74020.jpeg 7F26FA1A-ED9F-47A5-9794-2E9108854333.jpeg

Back