The Annual T6F Pilgrimage to Bala Lake

When is everyone arriving and how long are you staying? I'm there from around lunchtime tomorrow (Jo and Josh joining me later on Friday) and planning to stay until next Wednesday. However, I will not be pitched with you lot as I'm there with another group, hopefully camped closer to the lake shore - look out for us and say hello - hoping to be flying a large "Hobie" feather flag and our Cookie "Noo Gnu" flag from Busfest.

We are heading up friday (dependant on my trip to VW in the morning to look at oil leak) so will prob arrive in the afternoon and leaving monday at some point

I'm trying to get a pitch as we speak. As soon as they answer phone :-(
Mick, there is an alternate number to the one I get you earlier if you are still struggling - 01678 540441

We are expecting to arrive mid afternoon on Friday. Will need plenty of daylight as this will be our first ever attempt at putting up an awning. :(:(:(
Ah, I remember my first time. I can laugh about it now.... shouting at the kids, people stood around watching, drinking beer and taking the p!$$. Me sweating like a pig in 24degree heat... :eek:

We are expecting to arrive mid afternoon on Friday. Will need plenty of daylight as this will be our first ever attempt at putting up an awning. :(:(:(

I'd strongly suggest a dry run otherwise you will be doing it in front of rows of people in chairs with beer and popcorn - all making comments and sniggering.

I'll look out for you arriving - not much wind forecast for sailing so I will need some alternative entertainment lol

Are you staying on the same site as us ?
Yep - I've been using the site for over 30 years (albeit with a break of about 15 years in the middle before re-finding it when we got back into camping and sailing a few years ago) but will be with another group.

I'd strongly suggest a dry run otherwise you will be doing it in front of rows of people in chairs with beer and popcorn - all making comments and sniggering.
I'm afraid the dry run will be Bala and thats only if its not raining. If it is then it will be a wet run.:eek:

Ah, I remember my first time. I can laugh about it now.... shouting at the kids, people stood around watching, drinking beer and taking the p!$$. Me sweating like a pig in 24degree heat... :eek:
My kids have decided its not cool so aren't coming. If they were it would be them putting it up whilst I'm sipping beer.

Back