Annual T6F Pilgrimage To Bala Lake, Spring 2022
Friday, 29 April, 2022 - 12:00
Until: Monday, 2 May, 2022 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Booked! Taking a little bit of a risk as van is due to be handed over the week before but conversion company can't confirm 100% yet, but didn't want to risk missing a slot. All being well we will arrive on Saturday and look fwd to meeting some of you!

Cheers

Colin

Annual T6F Pilgrimage To Bala Lake - 29th April to 2nd May 2022

"To all those that attended and had a great time at Bala this year and to those yet to experience it.

Lest start the ball rolling for next years trip, as it is never too early to start planning." - @czmate1999

Glanllyn Lakeside Caravan & Camping Park​

3 great holiday choices by beautiful Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) in Snowdonia National Park​

• Glanllyn Caravan and Camping Park - has modern facilities for caravanners and campers, including a modern shower block with free, hot, all-day showers. There are plenty of electric hook up points for caravans motor-homes and tents. The 16 acres of level parkland on the shores of Lake Bala is ideally suited for family holidays, to fish in the lake and river or to use as a base for day trips to explore Snowdonia and surrounding areas of North Wales and all it has to offer
  • Werngoch Holiday Home Park
  • Glanllyn Lodge 5 star Self-Catering for 5
hi all how do i book a spot
cheers
pete

Hi all,
Not been on here in a while.
I've picked up the messages for those who wanted to be added to the WhatsApp group.
Anyone else wants to be added just drop me a message.
Please keep the group posts clean as we have a few female members in the group.:thumbsup:

Yes getting close it’s our first VW Transporter meet too, I loaded our van up a week ago as we are at our static in Towyn North Wales and then driving from here to Bala, then a week later we’re going to a Steam Rally on Anglesey.

John

Will be working that weekend, but might try and convince the wife for us to drop by one of the days as we live in colwyn bay not too far away.

Looking forward to this one. What’s the cycling like straight off the campsite, for a non-regular cyclist ?
I can see that there is a cycle path back to Bala alongside the main road, but what’s it like beyond that ?
Just assessing what my wife will make of it if we bring her (electric) bike.
Cheers,
Pete

Looking forward to this one. What’s the cycling like straight off the campsite, for a non-regular cyclist ?
I can see that there is a cycle path back to Bala alongside the main road, but what’s it like beyond that ?
Just assessing what my wife will make of it if we bring her (electric) bike.
Cheers,
Pete
Pete a couple of us take bikes. Last year we did about 4 rides out and a couple of short hikes.

3 of us have electric bikes and we have a couple of options open to us - both of which are suitable for standard bikes. 2 pubs along the way if that is what we want.

13 miles around the lake is one which is on the main road for about 2.5 miles and then we are on back country roads back tot he cycle path you mention above. Then an 8 miler out and back into the country. that is also a good walk with an option to bail out at the 4 mile point: we normal;ly take the dogs on that walk.

Also a ride into Bala (3.5 miles) to the pub and back.

I'm also bringing a blow up Kayak (£100 of Amazon special) which others can use as well.

Perfect thanks - looks like we will bring bikes then.

We will also be bringing 2 beginners sit-on rigid kayaks if anyone wants to borrow them when we aren’t using them. Complete with paddles and buoyancy aids.

Dont be shy about asking to use them - we will be the couple in the silver T6 with blue awning (and very bright green kayaks !) - reg T6 LPV

Pete

Hi all,
I've picked up the messages for those who wanted to be added to the WhatsApp group.
Please keep the group posts clean as we have a few female members in the group.:thumbsup:
Hello, could you add an old fart 07794641259

Did our first trip down in watergate bay so we’ve already learned we need better mattress lol. Heading down on Saturday so see you there. We only have a small grass pitch no EHU, can someone confirm there is plenty of space for awning etc? We have a cove 2 as per the pic

Can someone add me to the WhatsApp group pls? 07971 990687

Cheers, Colin

807DD563-E233-414E-A338-F7A3C1585532.jpeg

Hi all,
I've been away for a while too! I'll send you my number.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi all,
Why, what happened to sex equality? :whistle: :uh run: :think smile bounce:

Hello, hope everyone is well !

I’ve just picked up the van from storage as I have been out of the country for 6 months ! Completely forgot about the meet up this weekend coincidentally was driving home looking for somewhere to stay and seems I’ve landed the same site as you guys! Thanks @Mick for having a nice chat informing us and making us aware the forum gang are staying at this site - we are parked in the little ditch by The lake. Going to ask tomorrow if by look there’s any availability for weekend as only booked for the 1 night - turned up at the door. If we can stay, will come and join the party and start putting some names to faces

Haven’t been to a meet up before, hopefully look forward to meeting some of you
Alex

On site now. Just launched the Victron App on my phone to check that the hookup is doing its thing, and got confronted with about 6 other devices in the list !
Do I dare look at the BM2 App ?

Pete

Hope it's going well guys.
About now you all need to have a good 2 fingers of rum for me.
I f****ed up my calendar this year so can't be there...

Back