The Annual T6F Pilgrimage to Bala Lake

Sounds like a plan may need to be made. Hoping I have a good 4g signal otherwise pub sounds good.
I think finding a pub may be your best bet - the site is popular with Scousers so I expect the available bandwidth via WiFI or 3g/4g will be in demand.

For what it costs, buy a receiver.. (must put mine on charge..)

Does anyone know the water temp of the lake. Why I'm asking is will I need my winter wet suit or will I be ok with my summer wet suit ?
@Loz @Davenjo @DaveyB
The lake is deep, and therefore still cold at this time of year (cold at all times of year).
However me and the family were in our normal 3mm wetsuits albeit we then combine them with other wet gear. Rather “refreshing” when I ended up in the water having capsized.
My kids have lots of titanium layed kit they wear under wetsuits so probably equivalent to a 5/6mm winter wetsuit.
I know that Loz Jnr was in a dry suit.
Not sure what the Davenjo gang were in.

Bala is always cold. I tend to wear my dry suit unless the sun is shining and the air temp is 20+ when I’ll switch to a shortie wersuit with a spray top in the locker as backup.

Bala is always cold. I tend to wear my dry suit unless the sun is shining and the air temp is 20+ when I’ll switch to a shortie wersuit with a spray top in the locker as backup.
A shortie! Wow, now that is brave. I had a Rooster aqua fleece on as well when I went in, and probably set a record for getting back in the boat.

Thanks gents.
Then you will all have the ‘joy’ of seeing me in my full wetsuit.
I like to think I resemble a majestic dolphin. Pippa however says a look like a beached walrus.

Hit on a bit of a snag yesterday, been doing a few bits on van (needs new brake pads) and found it covered in oil underneath and i have a sneaky feeling its gearbox oil (gbox been out and in recently), going to hit up my dealer today but i dont think its going to be good news !
Just trying to figure out if i could make camping work in a courtesy van ??

Hit on a bit of a snag yesterday, been doing a few bits on van (needs new brake pads) and found it covered in oil underneath and i have a sneaky feeling its gearbox oil (gbox been out and in recently), going to hit up my dealer today but i dont think its going to be good news !
Just trying to figure out if i could make camping work in a courtesy van ??

If its just 2 then it'll work..you can cook on my cadac if that helps

Just spoke to dealer and surprise surprise they are fully booked and no courtesy vans available for a couple weeks, im booked in thursday morning for a while you wait check to see how bad/where its leaking from and if they deem it safe to drive
Looks like im coming on my own anyway so hopefully sort something either way, wouldnt it be hilarious if i turned up in my rusty transit work van o_O

Its not about vans mate.. just get there.. stay in our galli.. you can protect the beer fridge stock..

Back