Annual T6F Pilgrimage To Bala Lake - 25th-28th May 2018

Annoyingly unable to get the bank holiday Monday off due a team member with holiday already booked. Will be up for the Saturday and Sunday but leaving Sunday afternoon. I do have hook up booked for Sunday night so someone can jump on that if they wish.

Your new job position is buggering up all these events..

My previous role naturally worked well around the vw calender this new rosta is a pain in the balls. Ruined everything and run out of holiday for all the shows I've booked. Fingers crossed next year works out..... although plotting a trip to Italy.....

My previous role naturally worked well around the vw calender this new rosta is a pain in the balls. Ruined everything and run out of holiday for all the shows I've booked. Fingers crossed next year works out..... although plotting a trip to Italy.....

Who do i need to speak to...!

Does anyone have any views on UEFA champions league final which is on the Saturday night? As Liverpool are playing in the final.

Is that Megan Markle playing, keeping hearing about a big event this weekend, with the Markles??

WiFi on site will be even worse than usual as all of the Scousers on site will be trying to stream the match from BT

I plan to be watching it, might have to sweeten up @Loz for a little loan of his portable screen doodaa, if all else fails might have to drive to the nearest pub that is showing it

Sounds like a plan may need to be made. Hoping I have a good 4g signal otherwise pub sounds good.
I think finding a pub may be your best bet - the site is popular with Scousers so I expect the available bandwidth via WiFI or 3g/4g will be in demand.

For what it costs, buy a receiver.. (must put mine on charge..)

Does anyone know the water temp of the lake. Why I'm asking is will I need my winter wet suit or will I be ok with my summer wet suit ?
@Loz @Davenjo @DaveyB
The lake is deep, and therefore still cold at this time of year (cold at all times of year).
However me and the family were in our normal 3mm wetsuits albeit we then combine them with other wet gear. Rather “refreshing” when I ended up in the water having capsized.
My kids have lots of titanium layed kit they wear under wetsuits so probably equivalent to a 5/6mm winter wetsuit.
I know that Loz Jnr was in a dry suit.
Not sure what the Davenjo gang were in.

Bala is always cold. I tend to wear my dry suit unless the sun is shining and the air temp is 20+ when I’ll switch to a shortie wersuit with a spray top in the locker as backup.

Back