The Annual T6F Pilgrimage to Bala Lake

How long you all staying? I have the week off work so was thinking about hanging around in the area.

I'll be gone by Monday night. Work Tuesday morning and in Cornwall that week working.

Whilst we are there we will probably spend our time browsing other vans building a shopping list of kit we want/need for the ours broken up with walks around the area. May even bring bikes but not if I can help it.
We will be leaving around midday Monday as the other half has stuff planned for the evening, I'm also working Tuesday morning.

As I will be in Pwllheli that weekend, wondered if any of you with lads might like to spend a day out. Jumping on the steam train from Porthmadog to Carnarven is nice; perfect for enjoying a beer or two. Other option is Snowdon????
We did that yesterday, brilliant day out.

We were thinking of doing the slate mines and zip wire in ffestiniog on Bala Sunday

We did that yesterday, brilliant day out.

We were thinking of doing the slate mines and zip wire in ffestiniog on Bala Sunday

We've still got to do the zip, we booked last year and it got cancelled due to bad weather. This could be an idea I may have to steal.

Not sure tbh mate will have a look l8r.. trouble is yellow being seen by site owners.

Just thinking I have a 110v splitter if that would help for the guys without hookup
Different fitting for mine mate.. just tried putting a 110 in a 240.. didnt work for the one I have.

Welsh Highland Railway is another great day out whilst up there.
There is also the Bala Lake Railway that runs down the opposite side of the lake to the campsite - not as big as above but on the doorstep (Llanuwchllyn Station is about 2 miles from the site and, coincidentally, next to the nearest pub to the site :) )

Back