Team Indium Grey

Love that tan interior. Mine will stay std, I like to take the dog in the van with me, and that trumps nice leather in my book. He pukes in the car, so the leather stays nice in there (not because it’s good for it, because he’s not allowed in!)

You mention Leighton, I’m no fan of turn key converters of the type, but they offered such a good deal on everything and offered free paint & fitting, it was difficult to turn it down. I didn’t say yes on the day but knew I would the day after, just needed to leave like I’d felt I’d played hard to get! I popped in with no intent on availing myself of their techs, I typically do it all myself - The quality of work I saw on the vans in there was spot on. (Spotted a bit of blunt paint here and there, but I’m super fussy) The advantage of fitting loads of the same gear to the same van is that they get to know where the tabs are, the pitfalls and how to do a lovely job of fitting the stuff. Plus you get to see what colours and combos work - it was like a van harem.

Personally I’d be worried if I was sitting on their level of stock, but to each their own. Well over 70 vans in when I went. All of them top dollar and spec. Made a ‘basic’ highline look very pedestrian parked in the entrance
I wouldn't bash Leighton, my brother has one and it's lovely. Initially I was going to go for one of theirs but the prices increased by about 10k over what my brother paid pre COVID, and I instead went down the route of a high spec van order with VW and a plan to convert it to a swamper (just to be different) after delivery. Was working to a deadline when my transit goes back, and no news from VW, so decided to cancel and Van Haven had virtually the exact spec in stock (had to sacrifice electric doors) and a build slot that I could live with. I will pick the van up about 3 months from first calling them.
Process with VH has been completely painless and I've got exactly the van I dreamed of, when I need it.

I think EVERYTHING went up post covid (and is the reason I ended up in a dodgy transit for a period too).

It’s a slick operation for sure at Leighton - they’re definitely not alone in the pricing. There are far worse scenarios out there, car dealers jumping on van sales with no clue about what they have on the forecourt, but silly price tags. Motorpoint have had some/the same ‘basic’ 4 motion
Highlines in stock for months; and unlikely to shift them as they have no clue what they have, don’t know if their finance is capable of offering to business and have them plonked next to a random insignia or other family wagon - I visited one site and was genuinely uncomfortable on the ‘selling floor’, cheap suits, cheap coffee and a production line of finance salesman spinning BS. Awful.

I sort of did the same with my purchase tho - Had/Have ordered new but ended up buying another - an ex demo (which really is ex hire…) in the meantime tho. Lovely van, but in time a lovelier one will (hopefully) arrive. My vans earn their keep generally. The transit hasn’t however.

Really nice detail, especially down the side of your van.
Did you do it yourself?
I got the guys at Cambridge Concours to paint the callipers orange when they ceramic coated the camper a couple months back. The 6mm orange strip on the side is just vinyl decal roll I got online. I used it on the front lower grill too. Not expecting it to stay on there for long but seems to be holding up! Didn't fancy removing the whole grill to install orange plastic details.

I got the guys at Cambridge Concours to paint the callipers orange when they ceramic coated the camper a couple months back. The 6mm orange strip on the side is just vinyl decal roll I got online. I used it on the front lower grill too. Not expecting it to stay on there for long but seems to be holding up! Didn't fancy removing the whole grill to install orange plastic details.
Good effort!
Was there a knack to getting the stripe down the side level?
I'd like to add an accent to our blue camper but have questioned whether I could keep the line straight. (I'm envisaging it being a bit like frog tape tape which is a nightmare to keep straight when masking up for decorating) :rolleyes:

Good effort!
Was there a knack to getting the stripe down the side level?
I'd like to add an accent to our blue camper but have questioned whether I could keep the line straight. (I'm envisaging it being a bit like frog tape tape which is a nightmare to keep straight when masking up for decorating) :rolleyes:
Wasn’t too bad because we had the horizontal crease in the van side to guide the line. Doing a line isn’t so bad because we had it on a roll so could also re-do if I needed to.

Back